[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Mid-Atlantic Area Meet March 20th
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

Mid-Atlantic Area Meet March 20th

Postby ChrYstiE » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:25 pm

cruze105 wrote:
Jersey People! Where should we meet up? Olga's? (70+73) seems to be the biggest landmark I can think of. What else would be a good choice?

Where is Olga's located?

olga's is at the 70/73 circle in marlton, nj...it's a huge diner and landmark
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

i plan on..

Postby bfl62581 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:30 am

I plan on going and running to get my latest times, so I have something of comparison for once I'm done w/ some performance work.
bfl62581
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: i plan on..

Postby shidosha01 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:20 pm

bfl62581 wrote:I plan on going and running to get my latest times, so I have something of comparison for once I'm done w/ some performance work.

Good idea! "peformance work" aye?!? SC? Heh :D
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby DvS One » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:28 pm

Sorry guyz I won't be able to make it to MIR this coming saturday couldn't get work off and also im coaching a basketball game that day also :( but i will be at the meet on the 20th no doubt about that :D
DvS One
Regular SolaraGuy
Regular SolaraGuy

Postby cruze105 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:18 pm

so how many People from Jersey/NY are going to the March 20th Meet?
We can meet some where maybe at Olgas which ChrYstiE suggested or im thinking Garden State Plaza.
cruze105
SolaraGuy JerseyMan
SolaraGuy JerseyMan

Postby Jon11582 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:28 pm

GSPlaza is up north though. (exit 160)

We should probably meet somewhere south so people dont have to double back. to meet with us.
Im at 154, and march looks clear for me, so I'm cool with anything 155 down.

Sign me on the list.

BTW, doin the inspection dance on Thursday so I can bastardize my car anyway i see fit after. Jersey better represent this time, not like last time.

Ive never even heard of olgas, but im sure yahoo/switchboard wont fail me.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby shidosha01 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:22 pm

I look forward to meeting the Jersey Crew! Your drinks will be on me. :drinking:
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby cruze105 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:09 pm

jersey pple should meet off one of the parkway exits. so it be easy to locate places
cruze105
SolaraGuy JerseyMan
SolaraGuy JerseyMan

---FLINT MALL MEET---

Postby Jon11582 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:39 am

---FLINT MALL MEET---

^ Sorry thread was getting confusing with the two meets bumping heads so I decided to label the post

If I recall correctly, its about a 250 mile ride down there for me.

I usually take GSP down to 129, then take I-95 all the way down to get there, so we should meet off I-95, since going further down GSP gets you down to down to the shore area, away from MD.

I looked up Marlton and its less than 5 miles off I-95 @ exit 4, about 90 miles down from me. Sounds good too me, since its only a little out of the way and I dont think anyone in Jersey will have to backtrack to meet up at Olgas.

250-90 = 160, so thats about a 3 hour ride from there, with some buffer. So we should meet around 930-1000? Which means I gotta ride out around 8:00. :o

I wouldnt mind coordinating the North Jersey crew if you all want someone to do that.

Anyways, you north jersiers wanna premeet before the premeet? I know theres a few reststops before exit 129. I think theres one at around 150 and one around 135. PM me and let me know if this is something you want to do. Assuming I got my times right, itll be about 830 if we do.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cruze105 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:32 am

Jon11582 wrote:---FLINT MALL MEET---

^ Sorry thread was getting confusing with the two meets bumping heads so I decided to label the post

I usually take GSP down to 129, then take I-95 all the way down to get there, so we should meet off I-95, since going further down GSP gets you down to down to the shore area, away from MD.

I looked up Marlton and its less than 5 miles off I-95 @ exit 4, about 90 miles down from me. Sounds good too me, since its only a little out of the way and I dont think anyone in Jersey will have to backtrack to meet up at Olgas.

250-90 = 160, so thats about a 3 hour ride from there, with some buffer. So we should meet around 930-1000? Which means I gotta ride out around 8:00.

I wouldnt mind coordinating the North Jersey crew if you all want someone to do that.

Anyways, you north jersiers wanna premeet before the premeet? I know theres a few reststops before exit 129. I think theres one at around 150 and one around 135. PM me and let me know if this is something you want to do. Assuming I got my times right, itll be about 830 if we do.

We should meet before hand, cuz im clueless how to get there , i live right across the bridge from you, so it shouldnt be a problem.
cruze105
SolaraGuy JerseyMan
SolaraGuy JerseyMan

Re: ---FLINT MALL MEET---

Postby ChrYstiE » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:03 pm

Jon11582 wrote:---FLINT MALL MEET---

250-90 = 160, so thats about a 3 hour ride from there, with some buffer. So we should meet around 930-1000? Which means I gotta ride out around 8:00. :o

You can get right back on the turnpike by going down 73 for a mile or so..Olga's is a huuuuuge landmark, in the most dangerous circle in all of new jersey-yay!! It's a really gross diner, but we use it down here because it's got a really big sign. Sounds good to me!
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jon11582 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:20 pm

ChrYstiE wrote:You can get right back on the turnpike by going down 73 for a mile or so..Olga's is a huuuuuge landmark, in the most dangerous circle in all of new jersey-yay!! It's a really gross diner, but we use it down here because it's got a really big sign. Sounds good to me!

Aw man, I thought it was a nice diner or they had good food or something which was why you were pointing us all there.

Do they at least have a big parking lot? Last thing I wanna do saturday morning next to waking up at 8 is to drive around a dangerous circle, and then look for a space.

If theres a rest stop off the turnpike around there, we could do that too. Might even be better since we dont have to drive off and rest stops always have plenty of parking in the back. I can grab some coffee too to recover from my early morning. Anythings cool as long as its on the way and no ones got to double back to meet. I think (?) your the most south Chrystie, so its your call, since you know "SoJerz" better than I do.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ChrYstiE » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:47 pm

Jon11582 wrote:
ChrYstiE wrote:You can get right back on the turnpike by going down 73 for a mile or so..Olga's is a huuuuuge landmark, in the most dangerous circle in all of new jersey-yay!! It's a really gross diner, but we use it down here because it's got a really big sign. Sounds good to me!

Aw man, I thought it was a nice diner or they had good food or something which was why you were pointing us all there.

Do they at least have a big parking lot? Last thing I wanna do saturday morning next to waking up at 8 is to drive around a dangerous circle, and then look for a space.

If theres a rest stop off the turnpike around there, we could do that too. Might even be better since we dont have to drive off and rest stops always have plenty of parking in the back. I can grab some coffee too to recover from my early morning. Anythings cool as long as its on the way and no ones got to double back to meet. I think (?) your the most south Chrystie, so its your call, since you know "SoJerz" better than I do.

It's a really big place. If you want good food we can go to champps, which is next door, but then again it's going to be 10 in the morning and we're getting food later? There's a huge parking lot, so don't worry. I think Olga's is the place because of its location and its size...who from jersey would be going? we need a tally and a yes/no thing going.....
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby geminimouse » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:05 pm

The forecast for the 6th doesn't look good
:evil: :evil:
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby shidosha01 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:28 am

I'm still going if it's just going to rain in the morning. Test and tune is supposed to go on till 6pm.

I will call them tomorrow morning to see if they will open at all after the rain. Here is their number 301-449-RACE. Those of you in the local area who may be going can call me on my cell to confirm if its open or not.

Link to what wheather is like at MIR:
http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/20659?dayNum=1
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

PreviousNext

Return to Events