[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - No more boom-boom X(
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

No more boom-boom X(

No more boom-boom X(

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Hey guys, I accidentally blown my rear speakers and needing of replacement. Is there an OEM part or better for the rear speakers? I'd get the speakers at walmart or autozone but idunno. I cant find JBLs as well.. Any recommendations? nothing too expensive. I can do anything DIYs under 200 bucks if it's just rear speakers replacement. How hard can it be?(i hope it's not difficult T_T)
2000 Toyota Solara a.k.a "Goldie" SLE V6 //PARTS: TRD Muffler w/ Stock pipes, K&N filter, Tokico Blue Shocks w/ Stock Springs, Kenwood H/U with x4 JVC speakers(250x2 Front and 290x2 Rear) w/ JL 1000 watt amp.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: No more boom-boom X(

Postby 1gSE » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Almost anything will be better than factory. I suggest spending a little extra cuz after you take apart the rear, you won't want to do it again
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 am

1gSE wrote:Almost anything will be better than factory. I suggest spending a little extra cuz after you take apart the rear, you won't want to do it again

So what are good speaker size and brands? Any particular one that's a personal favorite?
2000 Toyota Solara a.k.a "Goldie" SLE V6 //PARTS: TRD Muffler w/ Stock pipes, K&N filter, Tokico Blue Shocks w/ Stock Springs, Kenwood H/U with x4 JVC speakers(250x2 Front and 290x2 Rear) w/ JL 1000 watt amp.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SleeperSolara » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:24 am

Rears are 6 x 9's.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby 1gSE » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:38 am

Everything in my car besides the h/u is Apline
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:45 pm

6 by 9s eh? hmm...Thanks!

And also what's the watts of the OEM speakers? If i put more powerful aftermarket speakers will they blow up?
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SleeperSolara » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:09 am

1gSE wrote:Everything in my car besides the h/u is Apline

I have all Alpine in my car. lol.
Alpine Type S speakers in all 4 corners, and the new Alpine media player as my head unit.

S.Z.-Alpha wrote:6 by 9s eh? hmm...Thanks!

And also what's the watts of the OEM speakers? If i put more powerful aftermarket speakers will they blow up?

Yeap. No problem.
Doesn't matter about the watts of the OEM speakers, you won't blow up the aftermarket speakers.
Just pick some speakers that are good all around, and then if you want more omph from your speakers you match an amp to the RMS of the speakers.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby 1gSE » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:19 am

SleeperSolara wrote:
1gSE wrote:Everything in my car besides the h/u is Apline

I have all Alpine in my car. lol.
Alpine Type S speakers in all 4 corners

same here, with the MRP-F300 powering them, and 2 type r's in the trunk with an MRP-M1000
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5