[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD Muffler
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

TRD Muffler

TRD Muffler

Postby solow1605 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:27 pm

I know you guys get this all the time, but is there any hp gain to getting this overpriced muffler? I wanted to go with the JIC exhaust, but there is the stupid evil warranty from hell in the way. So can someone fil me in on the TRD? Oh and is it any louder at all? I've heard that its not much louder than the stock muffler and that thing is quiet than a mother trucker. Help me out guys! And will changing hte piping void the warranty?
solow1605
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Hsakuragi » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:01 am

the answer is NO. Don't get it at all since it's just the muffler.
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:02 am

Don't worry about the warranty. It will still be valid on the car
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby s e y t o n » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:07 am

in my opinion you get tired of a loud exhaust after a while.

i have the trd muffler and its just right for me, a little bit louder than stock with a nice exhaust note. coupled with things like intake and bigger piping without resonators make it a bit louder also.

i have some questions too.. does anybody have video or sound clips of the trd muffler with bigger piping and such? and what is the claimed hp gain of the trd muffler?
-Sam

Black 2000 5s-fe 5 speed - "Blackie"
s e y t o n
devilish solaraguy
devilish solaraguy

Postby Hsakuragi » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:31 pm

the claim is NONE, that's why i don't suggest you get it
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Thanks

Postby solow1605 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:59 pm

Unfortunately this is what i was afraid of. I want to tune my car but the stupid warranty is still getting in the way. Any suggestions for boosting performance and not voiding the SOB. I cant afford a supercharger just to let you know too. Thanks guys!
solow1605
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:46 pm

just wait out the waranty. waranty is your friend till it dies.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Yea?

Postby solow1605 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:47 am

I was just looking at the trd racing website again. And what the heck is the TRD exhaust system for the solara? I'm so confused its pathetic. Is this just the piping and then you gotta buy the muffler too or is it the whole setup? Help a brotha out....again. Thanks guys
solow1605
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5