[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - suspension prob.
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

suspension prob.

suspension prob.

Postby s15lara » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:56 pm

i was wondering if any of you guys have experienced this prob. well i have a 99 se v6 5spd and i had put in tein coilovers on my car. well i started feeling something weird the other day. i was leaving my driveway and when i turned the wheel, i heard like a thumping sound kinda like the spring was trying to move but couldnt and then kinda snaps a lil. i feel it when i turn it either way and only when im going slow, or stopped. any of you guys have any ideas what it may be? i have stock rims and am dropped so that there is no tire gap. let me know guys...and ty
s15lara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby greeensolara » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:03 pm

dont know that much, but im assuming that the spring is either not placed rite, or something else, lol. MILT would be helpful in this issue. yo milt answer this question plz, thnx son!lol
greeensolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: suspension prob.

Postby Wraith » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:23 am

solara_supra_hopeful wrote:i was wondering if any of you guys have experienced this prob. well i have a 99 se v6 5spd and i had put in tein coilovers on my car. well i started feeling something weird the other day. i was leaving my driveway and when i turned the wheel, i heard like a thumping sound kinda like the spring was trying to move but couldnt and then kinda snaps a lil. i feel it when i turn it either way and only when im going slow, or stopped. any of you guys have any ideas what it may be? i have stock rims and am dropped so that there is no tire gap. let me know guys...and ty

dont worry its just the spring moving in its seat...
to View photo album
screen name:guestvisitor
password: pass
THEWraith Pics
MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/335453
Wraith
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: suspension prob.

Postby SleeperSolara » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:32 am

Wraith wrote:
solara_supra_hopeful wrote:i was wondering if any of you guys have experienced this prob. well i have a 99 se v6 5spd and i had put in tein coilovers on my car. well i started feeling something weird the other day. i was leaving my driveway and when i turned the wheel, i heard like a thumping sound kinda like the spring was trying to move but couldnt and then kinda snaps a lil. i feel it when i turn it either way and only when im going slow, or stopped. any of you guys have any ideas what it may be? i have stock rims and am dropped so that there is no tire gap. let me know guys...and ty

dont worry its just the spring moving in its seat...

I think it is that too.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby s15lara » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:16 pm

you guys think its that? any1 else have this prob.? it just scared me a lil cuz i felt the thumping and i wasnt sure what the prob. was? any one else have any insight?
s15lara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5