[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Recieved TRD kit.....
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Recieved TRD kit.....

Postby piratemike » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:58 pm

Hello Jai,
Thanks for the advice. I have painted several urethane parts for cars in the past(not a TRD kit though). You are right, you have to use the flex additive or you will end-up with a mess.
Painting is really not as hard as most people make it out to be. I have painted a few cars, and several bikes( Harleys and sportbikes). You just have to take your time and understand the products you are using. Prep work is probably the most critical thing. With poor prep work even a great painters work will look terrible but, good prep will make a so-so painter look pretty good.

Later,

Mike
piratemike
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:51 am

^^ in that case your in good hands. When i was selling kits on ebay, i had a buyer from Toronto (trd rolla kit) he painted the kit himself and was happy, but within a 2 week process...his paint webbed and the paint started to crack and he wanted a refund...the dude did a diy and this was his first paintjob and he didn't use flexi paint additive...but if you have painted cars and bikes before...this should be a cakewalk for you!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby piratemike » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:41 am

Hello Jai,
Thanks for the vote of confidence.I am not a professional painter by any means but, I have had reasonably good luck with the paint jobs I have done. I only attempted my first paint job after I went to a shop and got an estimate on doing a complete color change on a 5.0 Mustang a few years ago. After hearing the outrageous pricing I thought I would give it a try and see what happens. I figured worse case, I would have to pay to have it done anyway. So, my first paint job was a complete color change(jambs,inner fender,underhood,hatch,etc.).

Later,

Mike
piratemike
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jazzlara » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:42 pm

cdeez wrote:congrats on the kit and trust me it should fit fine. makes sure to bolt the front pieces down with 2 or more screws.

i have a 1.5 kit on my gen 1.

me too. no big issue.
jazzlara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby piratemike » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:17 pm

Hello Milt,
No pics yet. I really have not done anything to her yet. I am still just planning and acquiring parts as I have the money. Maybe I will go ahead and take a few pics of her stock and then post more as I mod. What/where is a good way to post/host pics?

Later,

Mike
piratemike
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5