[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Recieved TRD kit.....
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Recieved TRD kit.....

Recieved TRD kit.....

Postby piratemike » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:02 pm

Hello everyone,
Just thought I would update everyone. I recieved my TRD body kit today!!!! I cann't wait to install it. Unfortunately, I have to paint it first so, it may be awhile. I got it off of ebay. It is made for an '02 Solara and mine is a '01 so, we will see how well it really fits. In the mean time, I can start looking for lowering springs, wheels and tires.
I will update as things progress.

Thanks,

Mike
piratemike
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cdeez » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:05 pm

congrats on the kit and trust me it should fit fine. makes sure to bolt the front pieces down with 2 or more screws.

i have a 1.5 kit on my gen 1.
last standing...
Socalara...
cdeez
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 2000silverstreak » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:11 pm

Congrats! Where did you get the kit?
2000 SLE V6
2001 Mustang GT
President - www.teamcjmf.org

2000silverstreak
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby WTF?? » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:42 pm

2000silverstreak wrote:Congrats! Where did you get the kit?

he said eBay
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby 2000silverstreak » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:11 pm

Not to be sarcastic, but Ebay doesn't sell kits they are a forum for people to buy and sell.

I saw he got it on Ebay, but I was asking where from as in what dealer or vendor.
2000 SLE V6
2001 Mustang GT

2000silverstreak
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby krawzyazn » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:33 pm

2000silverstreak wrote:Not to be sarcastic, but Ebay doesn't sell kits they are a forum for people to buy and sell.

I saw he got it on Ebay, but I was asking where from as in what dealer or vendor.
pm michaels artic frost HE HAS KITS
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Paladin06Greg » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:55 pm

8) Now that you have opened your wallet to the Solara GOD it will never close again!! 8)
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:47 am

^^^^^ I hear that.
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Re: Recieved TRD kit.....

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:57 am

piratemike wrote:Hello everyone,
Just thought I would update everyone. I recieved my TRD body kit today!!!! I cann't wait to install it. Unfortunately, I have to paint it first so, it may be awhile. I got it off of ebay. It is made for an '02 Solara and mine is a '01 so, we will see how well it really fits. In the mean time, I can start looking for lowering springs, wheels and tires.
I will update as things progress.

Thanks,

Mike

How much is paint going to cost you? I could of had one painted and shipped directly to you with no prob.... Goodluck and post some pics.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby WTF?? » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:56 am

2000silverstreak wrote:Not to be sarcastic, but Ebay doesn't sell kits they are a forum for people to buy and sell.

yeah i wasnt trying to be smart either but answered your question directly... maybe the question shoulda been re-worded.

but anyway yeah ive heard good things with michael's kits so lets all recommend his! :bday:
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??

Postby 2000silverstreak » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:21 am

solara nytez wrote:

yeah i wasnt trying to be smart either but answered your question directly... maybe the question shoulda been re-worded.

but anyway yeah ive heard good things with michael's kits so lets all recommend his! :bday:

It's all good.

8)
2000 SLE V6
2001 Mustang GT

2000silverstreak
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby piratemike » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:08 pm

Thanks for all the replies folks. Yes, I have opened my wallet to the Solara "gods", and have definitely been bitten by the "mod" bug.
The kit came from Fowler Toyota in Dallas, TX. I paid $495 + $30 shipping, not a bad deal, at least I didn't think so. They said that they have one kit left, it is red.
As far as the painting goes, I do some paint work "on the side" as a hobby. To do a base coat/Clear coat on the body kit only, will probably cost about $50 in materials( I usually use Dupont) and then it is just my time.

Thanks again for all the replies and comments.

Mike
piratemike
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SolaraT » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:40 pm

This sounds way to familiar to the one I just sold which was an 02 red kit on ebay. The guy I sold it to also said he had to paint it white since his car is white.

If you purchased it from daddytortora that was me.

Later,
Louis
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:30 pm

First off, congrats on your purchase. painting a polyeruthane kit is not as easy as people think it to be. My best suggestion would be for you to try and primer it yourself and leave it to experts to do the painting process. DO make sure that you use FLEXI PAINT additive, if you do it diy or if you give it to a shop. Without it, your paint will web out and crack up as the kit flexes....Good luck!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5