[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HId installation,
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

HId installation,

HId installation,

Postby Dawgz » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:00 pm

Im expecting an hid kit to come here on monday feb 14, the kit from mark, i looked at the headlights and the driver side one is reaaaaal close to the battery, how do i take out the bulb? and where did you guys put the hid ballast? someone ........................ :drinking:
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:13 pm

Ballast location depends on if you have ABS or not.

There is plenty of room in the 5S and 2AZ engine bays... the 1MZ is very tight, so you need some double sided tape from 3M (same as used on the TRD kit) and find a location, clean it w/ some rubbing alcohol and attach...

You may need to take out the battery if your hand isn't small enough =P

If you have a 99-01, you'll have to play some guess and check w/ the wiring to figure out which one is low and which one is high... unless you got the dual filament ones
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Dawgz » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:24 pm

i do have abs, and its a v6, what do u mean play guess and check for high and low, isnt it just one plug?
Dawgz

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:49 pm

The H4 is a dual filament one... if Mark's kits were like the ones I was selling, then you have to wire the plug yourself. Do you have the kit yet? if so I can sort of word it out if you get pix of it...
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Dawgz » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:02 pm

the kit he sells, it comes ready, plug and play, it has an adapter or watever, and i tried to take out the h4 bulb, i couldnt, i dont know how, how do u take it out? theres a black connector with wires, then a huge rubber thing, and then a clip and then the bulb......what do i do to take it out withought breaking stuff...
Dawgz

Postby krawzyazn » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:06 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:The H4 is a dual filament one... if Mark's kits were like the ones I was selling, then you have to wire the plug yourself. Do you have the kit yet? if so I can sort of word it out if you get pix of it...
the duals are more expensive so no one wants them lol
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:55 pm

Dawgz wrote:the kit he sells, it comes ready, plug and play, it has an adapter or watever, and i tried to take out the h4 bulb, i couldnt, i dont know how, how do u take it out? theres a black connector with wires, then a huge rubber thing, and then a clip and then the bulb......what do i do to take it out withought breaking stuff...

oh ya... the clip releases just like the passenger side... it just is harder due to the battery. Just take the battery out... it's a lot easier that way

Nevermind the wiring, since his kits were preconfigured. the ballasts i had were generic for all applications so you needed to snap on the wire connectors to put them for your specific bulb type.

You need to make sure you put the dust cover back on though...
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5