[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New onderground kit..post comments
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Are you feeling this kit?

Yes, Definately:
8%
No !:
77%
Maybe, kinda, somewhat:
15%

Total votes : 39

New onderground kit..post comments

Postby Peter » Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:30 pm

Thanks for clearin that up for me blaze. Trims, not rims :bday:
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby sLoSoLaRa2k2 » Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:27 am

i agree with the people...the kit is ugly....
¤=- esther -=¤
sLoSoLaRa2k2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby happy_aggies » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:42 am

Yeah, still does not look rite w/ that kit.

They should try it w/ Carisma kit :angel:
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:08 pm

yuck that wing wants to make me puke and that body kit :x uhh shoulda stuck with the trd

Postby c2g » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:27 am

That is the ugliest front piece and that wing what are they thinking
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby onderground » Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:30 pm

Hey c'mon gang..... give us some respect ok...... you cry when you dont have aftermarket product, and when you have some, you bitch those company... Just respect and be smart and let them do business!

First we havent "designed" that kit.... we made it like customer wanted.... those 2 are not our design....

2 customers came at our shop and wanted to see the altima front on his car... so we did it exactly... and finally the customer asked us to open the mouth wider as possible and the other one came in and decide to took a simple sideskirt..... he chooses the design....

The bumper on the picture of the silver solara doenst look like that.....

see the mold

but we dont have a real picture on a solara.... that kit is clean, I dont know why you dont like it......

take a look at the altima, its the same bumper!

By the way, I personally doenst feel the TRD, you guy like it cuz it's "trd".... our kit look very similar to them, exept for the twist.... but that twist give the original look.... more stilish than plain sideskirt....

The full lip kit is $495. Thats a wonderfull price.....!!!

And I doubt that TRD customer service will come here to post some comments :)

Have a good weekend

:bday:
any comments or ordering

Eric Belec
514-773-7783
www.onderground-design.com
sales@onderground-design.com
onderground

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:54 am

onderground wrote:
And I doubt that TRD customer service will come here to post some comments :)

They don't have time to do so because 1) they already know people will buy their products so there's no need for them to PR. They do plenty of that through multimillion dollar commercials and print media and 2) they are too busy working on volume sales and allocating products to the dealers and retailers nation/worldwide. ;)
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jaimster » Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:00 pm

First we havent "designed" that kit.... we made it like customer wanted.... those 2 are not our design....

If you really want to make money, ask what we want! Make a TRD clone or similar and you'll be making money guaranteed! 8)
Yeah, I've owned 2 Solaras so.............................Image
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Blaze » Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:11 pm

yup, im sure ppl would buy something similar to the trd kit if u guys made it cheaper
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Jay » Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:13 pm

Solara1 wrote:

If you really want to make money, ask what we want! Make a TRD clone or similar and you'll be making money guaranteed! 8)

Amen!!

Make TRD clone with our input! That twisty bodykit doesn't look anything like TRD kit! It's pathetic! Just curious, how many of those did you sell?

We are not bitching! Look at the previous posts! We gave you props for trying hard, but seriously your designs are UGLY AS HELL!!! If you make something that suits our tastes, I will buy your's... Hell with TRD kit! I don't think anybody in this forum likes TRD because it's TRD, but we like it because IT MAKES OUR RIDE LOOK COOL! Get it? MAKE SOMETHING WE LIKE, WE WILL BUY THEM!! It's a VERY SIMPLE EQUATION!
-19" Konig Tantrum rims.. Sitting in the garage waiting for tires..
-TRD springs.. Sitting in the garage waiting for struts..
-Conrero aluminium foot pedals.. Sitting in the garage due to my laziness.
Jay
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NASTY » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:50 pm

Jay wrote:We are not bitching! Look at the previous posts! We gave you props for trying hard, but seriously your designs are UGLY AS HELL!!! If you make something that suits our tastes, I will buy your's... Hell with TRD kit! I don't think anybody in this forum likes TRD because it's TRD, but we like it because IT MAKES OUR RIDE LOOK COOL! Get it? MAKE SOMETHING WE LIKE, WE WILL BUY THEM!! It's a VERY SIMPLE EQUATION!

i agree!
just copy it (with a slightly more aggrssive front, 1 pc maybe?) and im sure plenty of people will be all over it (assuming a decent price too).
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby onderground » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:04 pm

brand name have patent behind..... wingwest and other style like buddyclub or blackwidow have been copied thousand of time and there is no patent protection behind them..... so people doenst propose new product, they only copy!! Why the hell do we need to copy to become the same....! Our body kit look descent, its just not your taste... the gold solara is one of a kind!

The problem with TRD is the manufacturer of TRD kit have right and product patent.... we can copy this thousand time and not beein caught, but the day they will see a company coping their product or real close, I will have a nice letter at home for copyright stuff..... I will loose money, time and effort....!

A kit to be differant need 2 several modification .... thats the law!

I repeat for some of you who havent read, we DIDNT DESIGNED the body kit..... its the customer who asked us to do like it!

If you guy want to design your own kit, submit us some picture, get at least a group of 5 people and we will make EXACTLY like you want.... this is our speciality!!! we build for group and club exactly like they want!

Give me the picture and stuff, I will give you a price for a group of 5 and 10

thanks

Eric Belec
www.onderground-design.com
514-773-7783
onderground

Postby NASTY » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:15 pm

yeah, we know you DIDNT DESIGNED it...
and how do we get a pic if it doesnt exist??

untwising the sides, and incorporating the stock fog lights is a good start...
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:00 pm

ok, as mama ambassador, i feel the need to step in :angel: :wink:

onderground wrote:Why the hell do we need to copy to become the same....! Our body kit look descent, its just not your taste... the gold solara is one of a kind!

hey, eric. i actually kinda liked the side lips on the gold solara (the whole thing wasn't my taste, but it was a nice kit). the twisty part is cute, but i think that the smooth curves and lines better flow w/ the solara's preexisting lines. (basically, i like the twisties, it looks good, but i would rather put the trd style sides on my car). don't worry, we're not critizing onderground in any way, you guys are doin a great job. you're right how we always say that we want more upgrades all the time...but personally, i don't care if i have one upgrade or 100 to choose from, if i'm not 100% in luv w/ the product (style and quality) then i'm not gonna invest the time/money for it.

i would think as a business you guys would wanna try to develop a product that appeals to the mass consumers, not a handful (although, i give you guys props for not being a money hungry machine and keepin it real, so many companies are just in it for the money and could care less if their product looks like everyone else :wink: we need companies like you to keep things looking different! :D )

onderground wrote:If you guy want to design your own kit, submit us some picture, get at least a group of 5 people and we will make EXACTLY like you want.... this is our speciality!!! we build for group and club exactly like they want!

Give me the picture and stuff, I will give you a price for a group of 5 and 10

so if we put together our idea of "a dream body kit" ..let's say smooth, flowing sides, and a slightly agressive looking front w/ intergrated fog lights, etc etc..and get enough people who are serious about doing it, then you'd be willing to put something together for a reasonable price?

oh yea, and eric, i know what you're trying to say bout the TRD name..i have a TRD pet peeve to..sometimes that i feel that people just like it cause it has "the name"..for the body kit tho, i don't really think that this is true. let's say that TRD kit had the onderground name on it..it's not the name that makes me like the kit, it's the style (at least for me personally). the only part of the TRD kit that i'm not crazy bout is the front...well, and of course the price! but that's what you get for quality along w/ the brandname!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby eyedea » Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:15 pm

As the person who started this post I have to say something abt you people at onderground. We at solaraguy.com, the solara enthusiasts site appreciate the effort that you all put in trying to design a bodykit for the solara. But no thanks ! To put this in a clean, professional way: Your kit or kits does not appeal to us the majority. The first kit was kinda sorta ok compared to what you guys have now. Did you really think you were going to make money off that kit? Really, you all must be on something. Below are comments i made a couple of months ago. So if you all want to make some real money..read on.

eyedea wrote:One point i have to make to anyone out there trying to make a bodykit. LIP KIT.! I have seen some preety clean fiberglass/carbon fiber ones on accords. Anyone here with molding knowledge? Reproduce the molly design kit, make the front end and the rear one piece and sell it for cheaper. If only i knew how to mold.......i would make money off you all solara owners.

Still somewhat mad that molly kit RULZ and they know it too reason why their prices stay that high. Now enuff of this.

Yeah if youre scared of being sued by Mollydesigns. Make the rear 3 pieces 1 kit and the front 2 pieces 1kit. And by the way, since its fiberglass, its definately going to be cheaper than molly's. Why did i mention molly's kit too much? Because even though its simple, its the STANDARD by which we judge all lip/body or any other solara kit they have out there. so until you all make something thats close to or surpasses the MOLLY kit, this is what all of you from onderground will be getting from solaraguy.com. :evil: Damn right !
5SP 02 SE V6 SC 1MZFE .......RIP ...
2003 Infiniti M45 =340hp of RWD sex

eyedea
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5