[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara Headers Completed
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Solara Headers Completed

Postby ICUFG » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:29 pm

http://www.tirerack.com

Please join the Forum and will enjoy this site more than you ever can believe! If you want to know what to do to your Solara, use the search button up top.
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ferrari_1299 » Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:57 pm

Did anyone order these headers?
Ferrari_1299
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:15 pm

Ferrrari_1299 wrote:I was wondering if anyone else has ordered these
or if anyone knew if we could get a group price for some.

Headers would be nice on my car.

Good Question. 8)

Postby ScottV62 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:41 am

I would also be on these headers... where do you get them, how much shipped.. and I want to insall these myselfs.. how hard would the back header be, and would this all fit with the GReddy Evo exhaust... if the evo exhaust is a little long... how do you fix that so it fits???
thanks Scott

Also is it for sure an extra hp w\o a supercharger?
ScottV62

Postby SC V6 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:23 am

That was me above... I didn't sign in.. oops

Also... I just got a GReddy Evo exhaust system.. I don't need the new cat or the muffler... how much would it be w\o those... All I need is the headers and the y-pipe
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby bassthrive » Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:59 pm

A bunch of people, myself included, would love to see what kinda numbers you could pull with these headers on a N/A V6.
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby Peter » Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:01 pm

bassthrive wrote:A bunch of people, myself included, would love to see what kinda numbers you could pull with these headers on a N/A V6.

yeah, i asked that a while back, but doesnt look like they have any N/A cars to test it with. hey, if you need a tester, call me up :D drop me a line: broomposse@hotmail.com
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby EricSol » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:12 pm

The headers will work with any cat-back once its shortened a couple of inches. The contact info is at http://members.cox.net/karntsen at the bottom of the page.

Eric
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

`

Postby ScottV62 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:24 am

The problem isn't if it can be done, its can the people who make the headers do it for me... I can put all this on myself.. .I just can't make the cut and or weld because of lack of the necessary tools... could they do this before its shipped? so it fits just perfect out of the box?
ScottV62

Re: `

Postby EricSol » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:17 pm

You would have to buy a complete exhaust, there isn't a final price for the whole thing but $2300 is close.

ScottV62 wrote:The problem isn't if it can be done, its can the people who make the headers do it for me... I can put all this on myself.. .I just can't make the cut and or weld because of lack of the necessary tools... could they do this before its shipped? so it fits just perfect out of the box?
2004 Pontiac GTO 408ci 535 whp all motor
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ICUFG » Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:13 pm

ScottV62 wrote:The problem isn't if it can be done, its can the people who make the headers do it for me... I can put all this on myself.. .I just can't make the cut and or weld because of lack of the necessary tools... could they do this before its shipped? so it fits just perfect out of the box?

Seems like alot for 30hp to me.
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby EricSol » Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:14 am

You got a better idea for 30 more full time (Nitrus is not full time) horses after the charger? Jims heads should be 30hp = $1500 + $500 core. You could do a stroker motor for 30hp = $1500-$3000. Tons more boost, done right with a fuel system and engine managment and having to run race gas only $?????. Basically after the charger any other significant full time always available gains are going to cost you. If you want part time gains like nitrus you are still going to need a fuel system and timing control so that done right (read, your engine lives more then a couple of bottles) is going to be expensive to. If I missed anything that can be done less expensive and gain 30hp please fill me in.

Eric

ICUFG wrote:
Seems like alot for 30hp to me.
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ICUFG » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:11 am

Dont get so touchy all im saying is I would rather make a car payment than spend that much money for some headers that you have to customise once you get them. But if you have the money to spend on stuff like that go for it. I'll just stick to my s/c and get beat with pride when I race big V8's. And I will not feel like crap when I realize I still lost and I have 5G's in my engine with out any internals done to it.
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby EricSol » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:04 am

Its not being touchy, the point i was trying to make that it gets real expensive real quick if you want to add more hp then the charger can provide. While it might not be the route you want to pursue there are others that are not content with the gains from the charger alone.

Edit: BTW I have raced 2 Late model Z28's since the addition of the headers and beat them both. I previously used to get waxed by them and the looks on there face as a Camry pulled away from them was worth the price of the headers alone. I can't wait for Jims heads to arrive, go up on the boost and go out hunting for big V-8's.
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ICUFG » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:21 am

Make sure they dont have 5G's of performance work either. Good luck im glad to see when a Solara driver goes all out. Dont get me wrong I have a lot of respect for Solara drivers I think that we all all unique and we dont get sucked into the typical rice or V8 drivers. Let us know on V8 kills those are the best ones to brag about.
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5