[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pulley?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Pulley?

Pulley?

Postby ICUFG » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:37 pm

I am going with a 2.9 pulley and I am wondering with a K&N drop in and World Sport exhaust do I need a S-AFC? Will it hurt anything if I dont have it?
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Pulley?

Postby Flipside909 » Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:37 pm

ICUFG wrote:I am going with a 2.9 pulley and I am wondering with a K&N drop in and World Sport exhaust do I need a S-AFC? Will it hurt anything if I dont have it?

You need the S-AFC to help richen the fuel mixture...otherwise you will run dangerously lean.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Pulley?

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:40 pm

ICUFG wrote:I am going with a 2.9 pulley and I am wondering with a K&N drop in and World Sport exhaust do I need a S-AFC? Will it hurt anything if I dont have it?

who you getting the pulley from. That is my exact setup also, same performance mods. I have my S-AFC, i just need the pulley and a dyno tune
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ICUFG » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:39 pm

Im getting the pulley from pulleyboys once they come out they said that they would email me as soon as they have them. I just ordered a World Sport I saw where you have the WS also, you have good taste! I dont know if im getting the S-AFC yet. Im going to talk to some toyo mechanics to see what they think about the fuel system with a 5.5 pulley. Their should be no reason with that much boost why I would need a S-AFC, I know all the DANGERS. I am going to get the car dynoed to make sure that my injectors are working at proper levels and that im not to rich or lean, if the specs are off then I will buy the S-AFC. Let me know how your readings go when you get it tuned.
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:38 am

ICUFG wrote:Im getting the pulley from pulleyboys once they come out they said that they would email me as soon as they have them. I just ordered a World Sport I saw where you have the WS also, you have good taste! I dont know if im getting the S-AFC yet. Im going to talk to some toyo mechanics to see what they think about the fuel system with a 5.5 pulley. Their should be no reason with that much boost why I would need a S-AFC, I know all the DANGERS. I am going to get the car dynoed to make sure that my injectors are working at proper levels and that im not to rich or lean, if the specs are off then I will buy the S-AFC. Let me know how your readings go when you get it tuned.

If you are getting it dynoed and you are paying to money for that you should get it dynotuned. It is definately worth it. Also watch out with talking to the mechanics because changing the pulley voids the warranty on the S/C.

BTW if i change a little thing on my car with the S-AFC do i need to get it re dynotuned?
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ICUFG » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:30 am

Once you have it set their is no reason that I can think of to change it unless you add another mod. If you ad another mod you might have to get it dynotuned again. Im sure that the S-AFC has an option for you to see the leanness and richness of the car and it should give you a window of leeway, if you get out of that window then you prob have to get it retuned. O and about what you mentioned on the warranty I installed the S/C myself so no warranty, but when I bought my car my credit union offered an extended warranty for up to 100K so even my s/c is covered. I have had that extended warranty on all my cars and they will pay for anything as long as you can prove maintenance. Keep in touch Yanks I want to know your readings on the the Dyno.
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5