[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Injen intake
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Injen intake

Injen intake

Postby solaris » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:57 am

I'm planning on putting in an Injen intake into my car I was curious what are peoples impressions of it, like in terms of performance.
solaris

Postby Blaze » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:58 am

6cyl or 4?
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

injen intake

Postby solaris » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:13 am

V6 1999 Solara
solaris

Postby Blaze » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:19 am

Well many ppl here on the board w/ the v6 dont install an intake. Main reason is that it draws hot air from the engine compartment. It runs either rich or lean I forgot which one, Flipside knows a helluva lot more about this so hopefully he will post on here too. But this question has been answered before. It also creates alot of noise which some people dont want. I on the other hand own a 4cyl. It sounds nice and beefy on my car and I havent really checked for hp numbers.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:22 am

from what i remember

lose power at low/mid but has some gain in high rpms

the sound gets annoying after a while

runs RICH and gas milage goes to crap

get TRD or K&N (i'd go w/ k&n) for gains throughout the whole rpm range
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Re: Injen intake

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:23 am

solaris wrote:I'm planning on putting in an Injen intake into my car I was curious what are peoples impressions of it, like in terms of performance.

The intake slowed down my car...and mine is a 99 SE V6 manual. Also, the intake causes your motor to run extremely rich....which is a good accelerator of fouling out your spark plugs. There have been long discussions previously about intakes and Injen. Hit the Search feature to find it.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:05 pm

try doing a search. theres a 6 page thread about it. http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=759
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PureNocence » Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:44 pm

I have an Injen intake...ya, it actually did reduce my MPG by a lot but...ahh, I still have it on...lol :lol:
PureNocence
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:21 pm

now does anyone who have the injen intake and pass the smog test? Flip told me he didn't pass, so i brought the k&n yesterday.

Postby Blaze » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:38 pm

i passed w/ the injen intake and apex world sport exhaust. the cone on the injen is a k&n
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:04 pm

Blaze wrote:i passed w/ the injen intake and apex world sport exhaust. the cone on the injen is a k&n

First of all he's asking for the 1MZ-FE...the injen intake for that model makes it run rich regardless...and second, the emissions test here in CA is much more stringent than in other states. The tolerance levels for emissions on the vehciles here are very tough.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5