[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - LED light for OEM security system
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

LED light for OEM security system

LED light for OEM security system

Postby mlimin » Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:32 pm

Anyone know which cable of the oem alarm give out signal to the security light in the speedometer?????????

I try to hook up a led light like those aftermarket alarm.
mlimin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:56 am

the light in your speedo is for your engine disable. it works with that transponder chip in your key. it doesn't have anything to do with an alarm.

you could get a flashing led from radio shack and hook it up to a hot wire.

Postby krook » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:10 pm

maybe you could hook up the led to the ignition instead of piggybacking it on your factory oem. do you have a security light that flashes in the car? besides the one on the speedo?
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby mlimin » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:33 am

yeahhh, I have that flashing red light. hmmm.. Is that light produce constant electric????anyone know how should I hook up every thing. I really don't have anyclue about the relay wiring.

Thanks
mlimin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby krook » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:54 am

i would say just hook the led up to ignition. does the led have 3 wires coming out of a circuit board, or is it just two?
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby mlimin » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:54 pm

it's only have 2 wire coming out. Red and black?? do you know what are the color of ignition switch cable I have to connect??

Thanks
mlimin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5