[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 18' Ace Manta 205 rims
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

18' Ace Manta 205 rims

18' Ace Manta 205 rims

Postby Missay » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:37 pm

i just went to a rim shop and me (being the picky person i am) finally found a rim that i sorta like. i don't want to order them until the spring..but the place a went will sell the 18' Ace Manta 205 rims w/ toyo tires for $1600 (they'll mount em too). i'm looking online and i'm finding them in the hyper-black finish that looked really nice on a car they showed for around 250each. think i'm better off ordering them separate on my own and getting better tires (you guys weren't a fan of toyos right?) or just going for the $1600.

the other ones i liked were focal ones and were $1400 w/ the toyos, but the sales guy said that ace were better quality. plus, they come in the finish that looks awesome w/ a black car. (doesn't quite look like oem silver, but doesn't look like tacky chrome either..i've never been a big fan of most chromes)

what do you guys think?

(i know how flip feels bout the toyos http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=556&highlight=toyos, but for $1600, can i really do better if i want these rims?)
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:40 pm

Wow very nice. They'd look great on your black car. What was the exact size of the tires.

Good price too, you must have batted those eyelashes a little :angel:
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Blaze » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:20 pm

yah those are sweeet :o get me a set :)
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Wheels look awsome! i want some

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:44 pm

Thats a great deal! BTW ther is nothing wrong with Toyo tires. In fact they are very good! What shop did you go to? In MA?

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:56 pm

If you could get them for $250 a peice after shippng it'd be a great deal and then you could get top quality tires. I love my toyo tires and they were a great deal because they came with the rims, but they do wear fast.

Try and negotiate the price a little and make sure that the price is mounted and balanced
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ICUFG » Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:16 pm

Not bad Missay I like them they would look nice on a blacky.
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:55 pm

i am such a typical chick..now i don't know if i like them as much as i did when i saw them!! :lol:

hey guest..where you located?? i went to speedway in revere, ma. I'm actually not sure what size toyos they are. i dawned on me after i left that i should have asked. i do have the guy's business card, so i could always call him. my mechanic gave me the # to some place in lynn, ma and told me to call them and say that i was his "niece" so i can get "his" prices. lol. so maybe i'll call tomorrow and see what that guy says.

humm..maybe i do want chrome?? but then again..maybe i don't. i knew it was too good to be true that i made a decision!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:09 pm

Oh boy I wouldn't want to be the guy behind the counter making this transaction! This could take a while! Just go for them. They look trick. :P

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5