[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ACT Clutch
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

ACT Clutch

ACT Clutch

Postby adam2562 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:59 am

has anyone had any problems with ACT's modified street disc clutch assembly. i bought one and had it put in and somethign wasnt right (had toyota technician install it) and then he took it back out and had other mechanics look at it.... i had to go ahead and put in a stock clutch :x i am very pissed... now i cant get my money back cuz it has been installed, all i acn do is send it to them nd they'll fix wutever is wrong, but the point is, is that i already have a new clutch and cant leave my car outta commision for probably a month... WUT CAN I DO TO GET MY MONEY BACK??? but also hasanyone else had problems with the ACT clutch
Adam - 99 V6 5spd 165k -SOLD
adam2562
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby impactX » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:13 am

ACT clutch goes wrong? What exactly went wrong?

Sounds more like the technician doesn't know what he's doing :lol:
impactX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: ACT Clutch

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:01 pm

Adam2562 wrote:has anyone had any problems with ACT's modified street disc clutch assembly. i bought one and had it put in and somethign wasnt right (had toyota technician install it) and then he took it back out and had other mechanics look at it.... i had to go ahead and put in a stock clutch :x i am very pissed... now i cant get my money back cuz it has been installed, all i acn do is send it to them nd they'll fix wutever is wrong, but the point is, is that i already have a new clutch and cant leave my car outta commision for probably a month... WUT CAN I DO TO GET MY MONEY BACK??? but also hasanyone else had problems with the ACT clutch

Yeah, ACT makes okay clutches...but it's not the best. some people didn't like it period. My buddy Tiem (supercamry.com) is one of them. Try Clutchmasters next time. Stage 2 or 3.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Aftermarket Upgrades

Postby adam2562 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:40 am

Hey, i had the technician do it over and over, he's a reputable technician..... and i had another technician that deals with aftermarkets parts who almost swore he coulda gotten it in look at it and try but said to return it, i dont know wuts wrong, but i have a stock clutch in now...
adam2562
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ICUFG » Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:04 am

What was the problem to big, couldnt get it aligned?
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Aftermarket Upgrades

Postby adam2562 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:46 pm

uh yea i think it was too big, withthe clutchall the way in it would still push thecr forward... :( the mechanic adjusted it all the way out and it still did that
adam2562
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5