[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Camber Question w/ Intrax springs.
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Camber Question w/ Intrax springs.

Camber Question w/ Intrax springs.

Postby TadS » Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:56 am

Ok, I have been reading through the forums here and I have been seeing alot of conflicting information on camber kits. My question is: Does it make economic sense to purchase a camber kit with the Intrax springs? I read there is a "trick", involving the modification of some bolts, which can be done to get around this, but I wonder if the labor involved to do this "trick" would outweigh the relatively cheap cost of a camber kit. Also, would most shops know how to perform this process? I don't have alot of faith in my local installation shops, as most of the work they do is on domestics.

So, what would you guys recommend? Spend money for the kit, or try to save a bit on the installation and take a bit higher risk of error? Also, if I was to go with the kit, which kit would you recommend? Would I need front and back, or just front as some here have suggested? Sorry about the length of the question, but I am rather concerned about chewing up tires.

Thx,
TS
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Peter » Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:58 am

all i can help with in this subject is the brand of kit to suggest. ingalls make good camber kits, thats all i know.
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby TITO » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:42 pm

I'm the one with the INTRAX that had the "trick" done but my local shop actually suggested it to me because they have experience and have done the "trick" many times before. It's been several months and my tires are wearing perfectly. I would only have them do it if I were confident that they new what they were doing.
99 V6, LOWERED, COOL CUSTOM GRILL, TINTED WINDOWS, CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, WHITE 17" WHEELS, BODY KIT, CLEAR CORNERS, INTAKE WITH K&N.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Camber Question w/ Intrax springs.

Postby Flipside909 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:14 pm

TadS wrote:Ok, I have been reading through the forums here and I have been seeing alot of conflicting information on camber kits. My question is: Does it make economic sense to purchase a camber kit with the Intrax springs? I read there is a "trick", involving the modification of some bolts, which can be done to get around this, but I wonder if the labor involved to do this "trick" would outweigh the relatively cheap cost of a camber kit. Also, would most shops know how to perform this process? I don't have alot of faith in my local installation shops, as most of the work they do is on domestics.

So, what would you guys recommend? Spend money for the kit, or try to save a bit on the installation and take a bit higher risk of error? Also, if I was to go with the kit, which kit would you recommend? Would I need front and back, or just front as some here have suggested? Sorry about the length of the question, but I am rather concerned about chewing up tires.

Thx,
TS

Camber kits aren't necessary for a Solara's suspension. Unlike a double wishbone suspension and camber problems that Honda's face with cambering...you don't find this problem with Toyota's Macpherson strut design.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby TadS » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:18 pm

Thanks for the information guys. This will make my life a bit easier. Now if I can just get UPS to hurry up with my struts, life would be peachy. 8)

TS
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ICUFG » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:26 pm

I have the intrax springs and you have to use the camber kit, I dont know of a way you can trick it. Most any mechanicw will know what to do with the bolts you need one kit for each axle. You should get who ever installs your struts to replace one of the bolts with the new ones it doesnt matter which one of the two you replace, I replaced the bottoms ones. Go with the Eibach camber kits they are less expensive than the intrax.
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:51 am

maybe your alignment shop (not a tuner shop) can tell you whether or not to get the kit.

Postby TadS » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:46 pm

I received my struts today and my car is in the shop now. They said, "They would call me if they need one." Based upon what Flip & Tito said I think I will be ok. I guess I will know in about 3 hours. 8)

In response to the guest, I don't have any local tuner shops. :cry: The closest one is 50 miles away.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby TITO » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:01 pm

Good luck, it should be O K.
99 V6, LOWERED, COOL CUSTOM GRILL, TINTED WINDOWS, CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, WHITE 17" WHEELS, BODY KIT, CLEAR CORNERS, INTAKE WITH K&N.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

intrax

Postby Danny » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:50 am

i have the intrax spring been on for a bouta year no problems no sag NO CAMBER KIT NEEDED!!!!! WHEELS ARE PERFECTLY WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE >>> STRAIGHT!!! no "trick" involved
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TadS » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:33 am

Yeah, I got them put on w/o the kit. Everything is super cool thus far. Felt like it took a couple days to break in, but the ride is pretty good and the handling is much better now, especially at 80+ :D .
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5