[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Tundra Engine swap??
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Tundra Engine swap??

Tundra Engine swap??

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:04 pm

Is it possible by any chance to get my little I-4 out and replace it with a Toyota Tundra V-8?? :-?
Or any type of V-8

Re: Tundra Engine swap??

Postby Flipside909 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:Is it possible by any chance to get my little I-4 out and replace it with a Toyota Tundra V-8?? :-?
Or any type of V-8

Anything is possible with money. Is it worth it realistically? By the time you find the parts, labor and custom fabrication of other components, you've already surpassed the value of your Solara brand new. Is it worth it to you to have a $40k invested in a Solara when the car was only around $20k to begin with? You be the judge.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Tundra Engine swap??

Postby ICUFG » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:28 pm

Anonymous wrote:Is it possible by any chance to get my little I-4 out and replace it with a Toyota Tundra V-8?? :-?
Or any type of V-8

Are you serious? :drinking:
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blaze » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:53 pm

new ppl please search topics first, any engine swaps for the i4 are worthless. Trust me. Just save up money for a better car
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:10 am

Blaze wrote:new ppl please search topics first, any engine swaps for the i4 are worthless. Trust me. Just save up money for a better car

To the tundra dude...might as well put in a v12! (haha)..anyhow blaze, swcelica (at www.celica.net) just finished his project of making his 5sfe (our i4's) into a imzfe (ie. v6); everthing went in smoothly...and nicely..cost to him was 2600 (i think)....So those celica guys are coming out with hopes for our i4's!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5