[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Ecu chips?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Ecu chips?

Ecu chips?

Postby Guy » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:52 am

Does anyone know where to get a good ecu computer chip for a solara i need some more hp ???
Guy

Postby Blaze » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:01 pm

no chips for toyotas, btw please please please search the forum, this question was asked about a week or 2 ago
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: Ecu chips?

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:12 pm

Guy wrote:Does anyone know where to get a good ecu computer chip for a solara i need some more hp ???

Yes, definitely use the search function first. Toyota ECU's don't have "Chip" upgrades. Never has, never will.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jaimster » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:12 pm

Any chip to gain HP is bad anyways! :(
Yeah, I've owned 2 Solaras so.............................Image
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

... questions "authority".

Postby NOSDOG79 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:59 am

Why? Why is "any chip to gain horse power bad anyways"? I am just interested not trying to be smart.

I know are cars are not german but a friend of mine has the A4 Quattro. He installed a German-spec chip on his car which had to be prototyped (to be Cali legal) and gained 50 horses to the wheel. That is a lot. Crazy eh?

Oh yeah, back to the point at hand. Why?

Neal

main reason is that cars come out of the factory tuned to perfection or something, any chip mod is just a risk in doin damage, yes some cars do gain significant power, especially turbos, which come out of the factory running low boost. its too much for me to explain, maybe flip will.
NOSDOG79
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby xyntax » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:24 pm

Maybe because chip makers regard Solara to be 80% driven by old people (seniors) who wouldnt be interested in ECU chip upgrades or any sort. That's also why it is hard to find modifications for the Solara. Sounds bad, I know. :cry:
-~=| XYNTAX |=~-

2AZ-FE & 13B-MSP
xyntax
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:42 pm

Xyntax wrote:Maybe because chip makers regard Solara to be 80% driven by old people (seniors) who wouldnt be interested in ECU chip upgrades or any sort. That's also why it is hard to find modifications for the Solara. Sounds bad, I know. :cry:

Uh no...it's called Toyota's ECU's are reliable and bulletproof...and they don't want any aftermarket company opening them up to modify it. The only people that have really messed with factory ECU settings is TRD aka subsidiary of Toyota. No one has been able to crack the ECU coding of Toyotas from 97 to now.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

cool deal

Postby NOSDOG79 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:56 pm

It seems we have quite a bit of knowledgable people in here. Thanks for the answers.

Who replied to me first? There was no post, just editing in my own post... one of those dam moderators no doubt, "To the bat-mobile Robyn!"

So, I am guessing TRD would probably not produce an aftermarket ecu chip.

By far... the single best aftermarket upgrade: TRD Supercharger!

Neal
NOSDOG79
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: cool deal

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:09 pm

NOSDOG79 wrote:
So, I am guessing TRD would probably not produce an aftermarket ecu chip.

Correct. If they did...which would be very beneficial, it would help solve alot of the fuel issues and knock sensor problems people have been facing with just the 4psi setup...as well as higher boost apps.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

xr7danz777@aol.com

Postby Guy » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:30 pm

thanks for all the input on the chip, but what are those ecu chips that are going for sale for the solara on ebay??? And what is an intake chip and what does it do???
Guy

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:32 pm

the chips on ebay are POS, all they do is trick ur engine into thinking its gettin more air or something, if u wanna kill ur engine thats the way to do it
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby krook » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:27 pm

it's simply a resistor that you put on a plug in your engine bay. this resistor can be bought for about a quarter in simple places, even Walmart! significant gains for that cost are risky. long exposure to this setup may cause damage.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5