[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Apex'i Exhaust vs. GReddy, Part 2
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Apex'i Exhaust vs. GReddy, Part 2

Apex'i Exhaust vs. GReddy, Part 2

Postby cdssolara » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:16 pm

Since the previous thread was locked, I started this one to respond to the person who started the original thread.

I have had both exhausts on my car. Although I think they're comparable products, I feel that the GReddy will give slightly more of a performance gain. This is based on my dyno chart with an Apex'i vs. someone with a GReddy. We both have superchargers; he has a 5 psi pulley, and I have a 5.5 psi pulley. We both have the S-AFC and an RMM intake. He posted about 2 hp (at the wheels) more than I did, so I have to think it's due to the exhaust. Without the supercharger, though, I think the difference would be almost non-existant.

As for the look, they both have their positives and negatives. I don't care for the large tips on either one of them, but it's just part of the package. I compared them, and was able to insert the tip of the Apex'i into the GReddy, so the GReddy's tip is definitely bigger. I prefer the slightly gold look of the GReddy to the bright chrome look of the Apex'i, but the Apex'i looks better as the finish gets duller. The canister of the Apex'i is a little larger, and more noticeable, too. So, they both have a bit of a "ricey" look, as far as I'm concerned, but the sound and performance more than compensate for that. The tips of both tend to scrape on the ground when going into or coming out of sloped driveways, so you have to be a little careful. The GReddy piping tends to hang lower, but I never scraped it on the ground. I think it's possible to fix this, though.

The sound issue has been addressed in previous posts, but generally, it's a matter of personal taste. The GReddy sounds great from outside the car, but inside, I found the drone between 2 and 3k rpms to be too noticeable. The Apex'i doesn't sound as strong from outside, but I really like the sound from inside the car. It's just enough to let you know it's there.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ferrari_1299 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:16 pm

I would like to see a good picture of both mufflers on a solara. Do any of you have some pics or know where I can see good back end, muffler, pictures?
1999 SE V6
Eibach Springs, Tokicko Struts, CF Hood, Custom Grill, Clear Corners, more to come...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/275185
Ferrari_1299
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:23 pm

Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:38 pm

www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:42 pm

sweet pic flip :) btw, whats the antenna for?
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:57 pm

For my cell.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

greddy

Postby alext14 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:35 pm

thanx for the pictures blaze. I was wondering if anybody has any pictures of a solara with a Greddy exhaust.
alext14
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: greddy

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:05 am

alext14 wrote:thanx for the pictures blaze. I was wondering if anybody has any pictures of a solara with a Greddy exhaust.

What do you think I posted a rear of my car for a few posts up? :roll:

Here's another angle for you:

And here's one of my car and cdssolara's side by side. His Black Sand Pearl Solara and Apex WS next to my Diamond White Pearl w/Evo. DSC06862.JPG is the image you want to check. We're Solara #3 and 4 from Left to Right.

http://www.pbase.com/flipside909/1227_s ... _mini_meet
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5