[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - bolt on performance
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

bolt on performance

bolt on performance

Postby solaraguy777 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:36 pm

I have an exhaust and intake on my solara whats the next thingi could bolt on besides the s/c?? and nos?
xr7danz777@aol.com
solaraguy777
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:46 pm

dont put nos on it, save up for a s/c
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby krook » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:27 pm

TRD bodykit?
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:32 pm

is a bodykit performance though? :P
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby happy_aggies » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:13 pm

Headers, plugs, wires and the new Altezza tail lights! :angel:
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby _nkx1 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:19 pm

According to some people on the board (Flipside to name 1), you could take your intake out. You may get better gas mileage and better performance from a stop (when the car is stopped, the intake sucks hot engine air, which decreases performance). I'm not talking from experience, but just what I've read here.
_nkx1

Postby krook » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:25 pm

Blaze wrote:is a bodykit performance though? :P

d'oh ....d'oh! ....d'oh!

krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

xr7danz777@aol.com

Postby solaraguy777 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:21 pm

What companies make headers for the solara do wires realy do any good?
solaraguy777
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: xr7danz777@aol.com

Postby cdssolara » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:28 pm

solaraguy777 wrote:What companies make headers for the solara do wires realy do any good?

No companies make a header for the Solara. However, Ericsol, who sometimes posts on this forum, has had some custom headers built. I think that his mechanic can make duplicates. If you're interested, there is a thread here that he started about the headers. You can find it, and post a response. I'm sure he'll get back to you. If you don't reach him on this forum, try camryman.org or teamsc3.com.

As for the wires, they won't give you any additional hp, but they may keep you from losing some.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: bolt on performance

Postby cdssolara » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:30 pm

Guy wrote:I have an exhaust and intake on my solara whats the next thingi could bolt on besides the s/c?? and nos?
xr7danz777@aol.com

If you're not just talking about power, you could install lowering springs and performance struts.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

solaraguy777

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:56 pm

i dont want my ride to be all crapy from lowering springs

Postby Blaze » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:02 pm

if u get strut/spring combo it wont be
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby cdssolara » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:31 pm

If you drop your car 3" simply for the sake of appearances, your ride will probably suffer. However, if you just want handling improvements, get a spring that will lower your car about 1.5" along with a strut that will match it. Your handling will improve tremendously, and your ride will actually be more comfortable at higher speeds than the overly soft stock set-up. At lower speeds you won't notice much change except when you go over serious bumps.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:59 am

_nkx1 wrote:According to some people on the board (Flipside to name 1), you could take your intake out. You may get better gas mileage and better performance from a stop (when the car is stopped, the intake sucks hot engine air, which decreases performance). I'm not talking from experience, but just what I've read here.

Thats plain horse crap. Any person who dynos with any Intake Mods will see a difference. It may not be very noticable(with a max gain of 4-8 HP on Forced Induction IMZs), but you will gain. If you get a decent intake for around 100 bucks like I did, its DEFINATELY worth it, especially if you wanna keep going with the modifications.

Aviv

Postby nkx1 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:12 am

It really depends on how the intake is designed. If the intake is a short ram, which means it inducts air from the engine bay, you are likely going to lose power, particularly when starting from a stop. This is because you will be sucking in hot air which has significantly less oxygen than cold air. (Oxygen, of course, being the element that you are trying to increase) A cold air intake may net you a little power, but even then the effects are sometimes negligible on a Solara, and you still might be better off with the stock intake. Also, I've read that cotton K&N-type filters allow more dirt/dust than paper filters to your engine. This will obviously lead to increased wear and tear on your engine. Of course, there is debate about that, but that should probably be a whole other topic.
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5