[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Amp & Sub
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Amp & Sub

Amp & Sub

Postby adam2562 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:44 pm

Hey, i just got an amp and a sub for my solara but i have the JBL stereo, now how do i get it so that the factory amp behind the headunit can still power the factory speakers and have the new amp power just the sub>???? any help please
Adam - 99 V6 5spd 165k -SOLD
adam2562
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Amp & Sub

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:48 pm

Adam2562 wrote:Hey, i just got an amp and a sub for my solara but i have the JBL stereo, now how do i get it so that the factory amp behind the headunit can still power the factory speakers and have the new amp power just the sub>???? any help please

Gunman will be able to help you a little more but basically you need speaker level inputs on the amp. You can just tap into the rear 6 x9 speakers with spade connectors and attach that to the amp
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Amp & Sub

Postby impactX » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:16 pm

yanks0114 wrote:
Adam2562 wrote:Hey, i just got an amp and a sub for my solara but i have the JBL stereo, now how do i get it so that the factory amp behind the headunit can still power the factory speakers and have the new amp power just the sub>???? any help please

Gunman will be able to help you a little more but basically you need speaker level inputs on the amp. You can just tap into the rear 6 x9 speakers with spade connectors and attach that to the amp

yanks got it right

You need speaker level input on your subwoofer amp and tap the lines to the rear 6x9. You will need to run a power cable to the battery from the right side though.
impactX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:27 pm

In my sounddomain profile i have pics of how my 4 gauge power wire is run. I think its a great location, worked out real well
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:05 pm

solarachick80 wrote:Look's like it just went through the firewall. Good job. You should've covered up the red wire with black wire loom, so as to blend in to all the other wiring under hood.

Eventually i'm gunna do all the wires under my hood with wire loom, not sure of the color though. The reason i pointed out my site was because it was very easy to do and he doesn't ahve to worry about drilling through the firewall
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5