[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - FIGURES FOR S/C PULLEYS (HP...TQ....AND BOOST)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

FIGURES FOR S/C PULLEYS (HP...TQ....AND BOOST)

FIGURES FOR S/C PULLEYS (HP...TQ....AND BOOST)

Postby XXMOEXX » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:57 am

This might be a little hard to read but the symbols should help...these numbers were given to me straight from kazuma...enjoy and your welcome for the research.L8r Moe :evilbat:

*=Pulley Size
-=Max Boost
+=Max HP @6000 rpm*
>=Max Torq. @4400 rpm*

+343
>373

+332
>362

+320
>350

+310
>339

+298
>316

+287
>294

*3.20 (STOCK S/C FROM TRD)
+276
>271

+264
>260

+253
>249
XXMOEXX

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:04 pm

they were later restated down to 247 i believe at 4psi.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:15 pm

i'm assuming those numbers are at the flywheel....what's the numbers for fwhp?
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:24 pm

FWHP for the manual is 227 and for the auto is 204. Or so i've heard (been posted on here before)
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Thats it?

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:00 pm

Thats pretty weak. Only 204hp at the wheels with a supercharger?? Why waste your money?

Re: Thats it?

Postby NASTY » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:07 pm

Guest wrote:Thats pretty weak. Only 204hp at the wheels with a supercharger?? Why waste your money?

do you have a better suggestion?
you can't really get more from any other product...
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

OK...

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:27 pm

According to MSN carpoint, a stock solara has only 198 hp. This is net horsepower, so assuming at 20% parasitic power-loss through the automatic driveline, you lose 40 hp. This should bring the FWHP down to 158hp. So by spending over 2,000 dollars on a supercharger, not including the installation, you only gain 46 horsepower.

Sure you can add more boost with a smaller pulley, but its "not safe" for the car according to TRD and people on the forum. What does this mean? The Camry-Solara is not meant to be highly modified. Its a big, heavy luxury coupe.

So if you figure around 2500 dollars for the blower, installation, spark plugs, etc. (thats a conservative estimate)... here is what I would do.

Make your own CAI... people have made CAI's for all kinds of cars using simple parts from Home Depot. Hence the term "Home Depot CAI"... thats $100 tops

Next I would port and polish the heads and intake runners, this would cost around $400 and give you 40hp EASILY.

Custom ground cams with a more aggressive profile and more lift... when combined with the intake and head work, expect more hp increases. If you dont go too radical you wont need other engine work.

Adjustable cam gears.

Headers, Y-pipe, hi-flo cat, and cat-back exhaust... Again, more gains.

Thats what, under 2000?? and you still have a N/A engine and you did it with money to spend....any other questions?

Re: OK...

Postby NASTY » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm

Guest wrote:Next I would port and polish the heads and intake runners, this would cost around $400 and give you 40hp EASILY.

....any other questions?

umm, yeah
40 hp for $400!
anyone know about this 'port and polish', is this realistic?
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:17 pm

Port and polish is a real thing done mainly to v8 big blocks to increase flow. Its highly unlikely that you will get 40hp from a port and polish.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: OK...

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:10 pm

Guest wrote:According to MSN carpoint, a stock solara has only 198 hp. This is net horsepower, so assuming at 20% parasitic power-loss through the automatic driveline, you lose 40 hp. This should bring the FWHP down to 158hp. So by spending over 2,000 dollars on a supercharger, not including the installation, you only gain 46 horsepower.

Sure you can add more boost with a smaller pulley, but its "not safe" for the car according to TRD and people on the forum. What does this mean? The Camry-Solara is not meant to be highly modified. Its a big, heavy luxury coupe.

So if you figure around 2500 dollars for the blower, installation, spark plugs, etc. (thats a conservative estimate)... here is what I would do.

Make your own CAI... people have made CAI's for all kinds of cars using simple parts from Home Depot. Hence the term "Home Depot CAI"... thats $100 tops

Next I would port and polish the heads and intake runners, this would cost around $400 and give you 40hp EASILY.

Custom ground cams with a more aggressive profile and more lift... when combined with the intake and head work, expect more hp increases. If you dont go too radical you wont need other engine work.

Adjustable cam gears.

Headers, Y-pipe, hi-flo cat, and cat-back exhaust... Again, more gains.

Thats what, under 2000?? and you still have a N/A engine and you did it with money to spend....any other questions?

If you can prove 40hp Easily...show us some dyno charts...on a 1MZ-FE V6 only.

Adjustable cam gears, you obviously have never worked on a 1MZ-FE V6.

You certainly talk the talk, but do you walk the walk? Why talk when you have no idea about what you're talking about, especially on the Camry/Solara platform? I rest my case.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ICUFG » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:38 pm

I even doubt that you can get 40HP from a big block!
ICUFG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

ok.

Postby xXsolaraXx » Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:34 am

ok....hey its moe again...now if youve seen my car's site you'll notice i am in process of spending 14,000 on my new project...a solara is a difficult car to improve hp on...but i dont speak for my self when i say torque is our goal...the supercharger for the solara adds boost which in turn gives us TORQUE..sure hp gain at fw is minimum but the torque is huge....in my project ive added....CUSTOM HEADERS (dyno charts prove gain of 30hp)...smaller pulley WITH safc II(which you can tune to add more torque and hp)but all in all to get the most out of ur solara...i did a custom ram air/cold air intercooler WITH cat back exhaust and y pipe...without these basics you have a v6 camry...and i of all solara owners hate being called a camry owner...YALL HAVE A SOLARA...DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE IT FAST...DONT WORRY ABOUT NUMBERS...IF ITS FASTER THAN THE CAR NEXT TO YOU THAN GOOD...IF NOT...WORK A LIL HARDER...sorry for the long post...moe :evilbat:
xXsolaraXx
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: ok.

Postby impactX » Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:25 pm

xXsolaraXx wrote:ok....hey its moe again...now if youve seen my car's site you'll notice i am in process of spending 14,000 on my new project...a solara is a difficult car to improve hp on...but i dont speak for my self when i say torque is our goal...the supercharger for the solara adds boost which in turn gives us TORQUE..sure hp gain at fw is minimum but the torque is huge....in my project ive added....CUSTOM HEADERS (dyno charts prove gain of 30hp)...smaller pulley WITH safc II(which you can tune to add more torque and hp)but all in all to get the most out of ur solara...i did a custom ram air/cold air intercooler WITH cat back exhaust and y pipe...without these basics you have a v6 camry...and i of all solara owners hate being called a camry owner...YALL HAVE A SOLARA...DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE IT FAST...DONT WORRY ABOUT NUMBERS...IF ITS FASTER THAN THE CAR NEXT TO YOU THAN GOOD...IF NOT...WORK A LIL HARDER...sorry for the long post...moe :evilbat:

Air/coold air intercooler??? yeeah ooooook :-?
So where is the blow off valve that you said you are gonna put on your car?
And the stock "performance brake system"

Anyways, with that much power, better rebuild the torque converter before blowing it into pieces.
impactX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

hey impact

Postby xXsolaraXx » Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:40 pm

hey impact why are you always on my ass about my crap? it really bothers me when haters come on forums to do nothing but HATE...jeez...with all the time you use to "blah blah blah" you could figure out a way to make ur "riced" up solara a teenie weenie bit faster...and if you ever EVER think its even close as fast as my "ricer" hit me up and we'll test ur POS. by the way KEEP IT REAL....and dont hate...appreciate...L8r Moe
xXsolaraXx
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Danny » Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:54 pm

i havent seen a picture of your cars motor???? how do we know your not all talk?? all i can see is a show ??? ( with out sideskirts...) and no go???? hmm show pictures of your motor and put your money were your mouth is.
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5