[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Synthetic ATF
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Synthetic ATF

Synthetic ATF

Postby widow's son » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:25 am

I tries the search and could not find any information on Synthetic ATF. But I do have questions.
1) What brand (Redline, Royal Purple etc.) should I use?
2)Does it void the warranty?( Certified pre-owned warranty)
3)Is it Ok to change over from regular ATF to synthetic? (car has ~37K)
Thanks for the help.
widow's son
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby happy_aggies » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:55 am

I don't think Synthetic ATF would void the warranty.
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Synthetic ATF

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:11 am

widow's son wrote:I tries the search and could not find any information on Synthetic ATF. But I do have questions.
1) What brand (Redline, Royal Purple etc.) should I use?
2)Does it void the warranty?( Certified pre-owned warranty)
3)Is it Ok to change over from regular ATF to synthetic? (car has ~37K)
Thanks for the help.

As long as you use a Dexron III or IV ATF or compatible, you will be fine.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Brad » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:37 am

Good question! This all depends on the condition of the trans. At 37k miles and a car that's been taken care of you should be ok. If you have a high milage car or one thats seen a bunch of nutral drops you could see some slipping in the trans. On old cars it may run great untill you change out the trans fluid then the car wont move. This is because of all the crap thats in the old oil helps the auto clutch lock up then when you add fresh stuff it's too slick to lockup. You see this all the time on old fords (C6) and chevys (turbo 350,400) and motorcycles. When in doubt check with the manual.
Zoooooommmmmmm
Brad
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5