[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Opinions Needed: Transmission Rebuild
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Opinions Needed: Transmission Rebuild

Opinions Needed: Transmission Rebuild

Postby RichieRichJP » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:23 pm

I am eventually going to swap the e153 transmission into my Camry and wasn't sure which option would be cheaper. I've tried searching for posts on rebuilding this tranny for costs and I found nothing. So...

Option #1:
-Buy a Rebuilt e153 for $1100
-Buy a Stage 3+ Spec Clutch Kit
-Buy a Fidanza Flywheel

or

Option #2:
-Buy a cheap e153 that's not rebuilt, under 100K mi. ($500?)
-Buy the Stage 3+ Spec Clutch Kit and Fidanza Flywheel
-Rebuild

I don't know which option would be cheaper since I haven't gotten quotes on rebuilding this transmission. I thought someone here might know or have an idea. I know buying the clutch kit and flywheel covers the majority of parts that I may need for the tranny itself, so I wasn't sure if I'd save with option 2 as I would be replacing the stock clutch/flywheel anyway.

thanks
RichieRichJP
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5