[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - weapon r intake
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

weapon r intake

Postby Dawgz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:03 am

RonnieBoi wrote:Image
there you go

Thats probably your Resonator.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby RonnieBoi » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:40 am

it looks like theres some kind of sensor on it, now i havent seen how the intake i m gettin looks like. i hope its just a dirct bolt on
99 slvr lara 4 cyl
blk leather
3 10s MTX with kickA$$ pioneer head unit
WR Dragon intake
18" enkei RSV bronze
RonnieBoi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:50 am

RonnieBoi wrote:it looks like theres some kind of sensor on it, now i havent seen how the intake i m gettin looks like. i hope its just a dirct bolt on

Should be a direct bolt on and very easy to figure out when you get the intake in your hand.

If there is a 2 wire sensor I would guess the Intake temp sensor I will look at the wifes 5S if she is not working tonight.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby vsarvan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:51 am

Yes, I that's your Resonator Intake Air..

Check this site for more DIY on parts..

www.ToyoDIY.com and select Parts Reference for your Car Model using VIN number....

Even I brought Weapon-R last week and searching for manuals to do it.. When I saw Air Intake having this extra valve for Resonator, I thought I made a mistake in purchasing Weapon-R .. Please let me know if u any manuals or instruction for Solara 99 - 2001..

Thanks..
Solara 2001
vsarvan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:26 am

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RonnieBoi » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:13 pm

i read up some articles online and found out that resonators is really only there for reducing the intake noise so if i put a aftermarket intake how do i get rid of the resonator, i can take it off thats not a big deal but what do i do with that sensor and those 2 hoses that are hookd up to it
99 slvr lara 4 cyl
blk leather
WR Dragon intake
18" enkei RSV bronze
RonnieBoi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby D-money » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:16 pm

your intake should have hookups for all those things
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ilovemylara » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 pm

The wires are going to your AIT sensor... Not certain about the two vacumn hoses.. try disconecting them and see if the engine still runs and if one of them still has vacumn suction. You could get a brass union and conect them if so. here are some pics of a custom sri on a 5sfe:) Image
Notice how this guy just drilled a hole for the AIT sensor, if the weapon R doesn't have a place for it, you could do the same.
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby vsarvan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:05 am

I checked my Resonator Intake box and those hoses are not part of Resonator.. They using Resonator's support to hold a small connector.. Pls check it again... Even I had the same confusion, but after I ran by fingers around the Resonator box it is just a standalone kept for reducing the intake noise.. After reading few articles to understand few parts, I think we can do this install.. Post your thoughts...
Solara 2001
vsarvan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby vsarvan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:39 am

When I checked my Air Filter Stock box, I was to able to map AIT sensor to 15 mm outlet, MAS to 10 mm outlet on the same side and the PVC hose to 10 mm outlet on the other side in the weapon-r [ Pls remember to hold the Weapon-R end with dual tube towards ur Throttle body end, which keeps the one ports towards engine side pvc hose and two other ports towards AIT and MAS sensors..]

I would suggest to draw a sketch of ur Intake workflow to understand the current one. Then remove the things one by one and put it back to get our confidence. This is will ensure if we ran into some problem we know how to put the stock OEM back.. Give a try to gain ur confidence and then go for Weapon-R.
Solara 2001
vsarvan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Pogs » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:56 pm

I have one.. my only real performance mod.. pretty nice sound from different intakes i have heard
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RonnieBoi » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:05 am

vsarvan wrote:I checked my Resonator Intake box and those hoses are not part of Resonator.. They using Resonator's support to hold a small connector.. Pls check it again... Even I had the same confusion, but after I ran by fingers around the Resonator box it is just a standalone kept for reducing the intake noise.. After reading few articles to understand few parts, I think we can do this install.. Post your thoughts...

i just got mine in yesterday i m gonna try to install it tonight. i was wondering did u get a breather filter or somthing like that with ur intake
99 slvr lara 4 cyl
blk leather
WR Dragon intake
18" enkei RSV bronze
RonnieBoi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby RonnieBoi » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:25 am

man the installation was simple, the only problem i had was with the AIT sensor it wouldnt fit in the intake tube so i went to autozone and got some O rings, put one on the sensor and boom i m all set, car sounds really nice :lol:
99 slvr lara 4 cyl
blk leather
WR Dragon intake
18" enkei RSV bronze
RonnieBoi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby D-money » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:03 pm

got pics
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RonnieBoi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:03 am

i'll post em up tomm.
99 slvr lara 4 cyl
blk leather
WR Dragon intake
18" enkei RSV bronze
RonnieBoi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy