[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Project: Renova Grille Done!!..now car in progress see PICS!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Project: Renova Grille Done!!..now car in progress see PICS!

Re: Project: Renova Grille Done!!..now car in progress see P

Postby wizzy » Sun May 06, 2012 2:11 pm

hey just wondering what did you do with the tabs did you just put it back in place wouldn't the mesh get in the way ?
2000 Toyota Solara SE V6
10k Hid Fog's and Headlights
Black Coners
2010 Camry Bars
Basically stock (For Now)
wizzy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kenny6683 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Mad_B_Rad wrote:Image

like this? how do i find honeycomb to fit in it?

you can use the home depot mesh from building materials...and paint it black
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kenny6683 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:36 pm

wizzy wrote:hey just wondering what did you do with the tabs did you just put it back in place wouldn't the mesh get in the way ?

the mesh would get in the way, but u need tabs. they are important for it to line up right
just cut mesh perfect size on the bottom part. no extra mesh or it wont sit right
i found that it was best to secure mesh tight after grille was already in place.
silicone some chicken wire to the inside of grille so you can attach mesh at the end after installing it back on, easier that way
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wizzy » Thu May 24, 2012 6:35 am

cool thanks bro .
2000 Toyota Solara SE V6
10k Hid Fog's and Headlights
Black Coners
2010 Camry Bars
Basically stock (For Now)
wizzy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jaydo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Hey there, Hope people are still following this... so you just basically cut out the middle of the stock grill and left it open? I'm gonna do mine up the same way just with a red smoky finish, I just want to make sure it isn't gonna kill my radiator by leaving it open like that.

BTW I'm totally new to doing anything with cars... I do all my stuff with airplanes so if any of this comes out really dumb it's because I'm such a noob.
Jaydo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5