[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - NonStopTuning 1MZ Pulley Feedback, User Reviews, Comments
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

NonStopTuning 1MZ Pulley Feedback, User Reviews, Comments

Postby NonStopTuning » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:Im picking this up tomorrow. hopefully i enjoy it after its done.

We'll be here when you're ready!

The NST Toyota 1MZ CR-Lite and Toyota 1MZ Underdrive Crank Pulley are both in stock and ready for immediate shipping via USPS Priority Mail.

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
NonStopTuning
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:27 am

hey mike, the 3 pullies i ordered arrived, they look awsome, great workmanship, thanks again, frank.............. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby angmedic911 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:38 pm

I'm new to this forum, member of Club Lexus. I bought the underdrive pulley for the Solara 99-03 and installed it on my 1998 Lexus ES300 last weekend. I had my local Lexus dealer install it, they charged me $107.00 and took less than an hour to install the belts and pulley. I've noticed better throttle response, it wants to go once I press on the pedal. Too early to tell if there is an increase in fuel economy. But, the underdrive pulley seems to weigh approx. 2 lbs lighter than the OEM and is one inch in diameter smaller than the OEM pulley. The only other difference I noticed is to alternator ouput, decrease a full volt. When in park and at 600rpm, I'm putting out 12.54 volts and when the rpms increase, so does the voltage output. Some members on the Club Lexus forum are concerned this mod will ruin the engine or throw off the camshaft balance.
Last edited by angmedic911 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angmedic911
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SleeperSolara » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:11 pm

angmedic911 wrote:The only other difference I noticed is to
alternator ouput, decrease a full volt. When in park and at 600rpm, I'm putting out 12.54 volts and when the rpms increase, so does the voltage output. Some member on the Club Lexus forum are concerned this mod will ruin the engine or throw off the camshaft balance.

That's somethin' new that i've heard of.
You shouldn't have a problem wit the camshaft balance, i don't think.
If you're concerned about the alternator output, you can use a Highlander alternator.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby angmedic911 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:14 pm

SleeperSolara wrote:
angmedic911 wrote:The only other difference I noticed is to
alternator ouput, decrease a full volt. When in park and at 600rpm, I'm putting out 12.54 volts and when the rpms increase, so does the voltage output. Some member on the Club Lexus forum are concerned this mod will ruin the engine or throw off the camshaft balance.

That's somethin' new that i've heard of.
You shouldn't have a problem wit the camshaft balance, i don't think.
If you're concerned about the alternator output, you can use a Highlander alternator.

Im not too worried about the output, yet, but I can always try and find a smaller alternator pulley to raise the voltage back up. Thanks for the info bro.
angmedic911
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DriDed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:20 pm

^^Why didn't you just get the lite-crank pulley instead, you could use the oem belts and save cash on that part.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby x99suplarax » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:10 pm

yup
1999 toyota camry solara se v6 5 speed 178hp and 182tq
x99suplarax
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:19 pm

I thought about getting UD as well but since my belt is so new (39,700+ miles) and they aren't usually changed till around 70k-90k, I am gonna get the lite-crank pulley, that way I don't have to worry about the slowing of the accessories and them running funny.

Edit: thanks Angmedic for providing the review and info about the installation at the dealer. I plan to have mine installed at the dealer as well, so now I have an idea of the labor cost. :)
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jetbtkng » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:11 pm

update, greg installed my pully on my 02 auto, and i can feel the difference, revs quicker, i like it, cant wait till its on my black lara, fedanza flywheel & crank pully, with the 5 speed, its going to rip, great product for the money...................... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby angmedic911 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:57 pm

No problem guys, I'm here to help out in anyway possible. I went with the under pulley for extra horsepower and the fact it was 70% lighter. The Lite pulley helps with the weight, but not to much on horsepower. I have not had any problems with my accessories acting funny, steering works fine, a/c no problem, except the decrease in voltage, but I'm not running a high end audio system. My water pump I believe is powered by the timing belt, so no change in engine temp. My next engine mod will be the bored out throttle body.
angmedic911
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DriDed » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:26 pm

For my 2AZ engine, there is actually an overdrive alternator pulley to counteract the underdrive crank pulley's effect of slowing down the accessories. There is also the water pump pulley but I don't think that would help much at all with the power.

Maybe I should just get the underdrive and belt and call it a day or get the alternator overdrive pulley as well? I am not running any high-tech audio or electronics but I am afraid that there might be a strain on the alternator and the battery.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby chaneytsai » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Is it safe to use crank pulley without vibration damper, the harmonic balancer? Will this cause engine damage in the long run? Is there more noise or vibration?
chaneytsai
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DriDed » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:59 pm

I don't know about the 1MZ engine but the 2AZ engines are internally balanced and there are many Scion TC owners who have used NST on their TCs for many miles and not one encountered problems. I am convinced for sure that the NST is a safe mod on my 2AZ engine.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Midias » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:04 am

DriDed wrote:I don't know about the 1MZ engine but the 2AZ engines are internally balanced and there are many Scion TC owners who have used NST on their TCs for many miles and not one encountered problems. I am convinced for sure that the NST is a safe mod on my 2AZ engine.

Well I have 50k miles with my underdog racing pulley I will let you know in another 50k miles.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby angmedic911 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:48 pm

From my understanding the damper and harmonic balancer are separate from the crankshaft pulley. This same question was brought up on Club Lexus. I guess some Lexus engines have the damper and balancer as part of the crankshaft pulley. I had the dealer give me the parts that werent used and all I got was the OEM pulley, no damper or balancer. My Lexus is the 98 ES300, 1MZ.
angmedic911
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5