[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - NonStopTuning 1MZ Pulley Feedback, User Reviews, Comments
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

NonStopTuning 1MZ Pulley Feedback, User Reviews, Comments

Postby jetbtkng » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Image, i have there crank pullies on both my lara's, and i can say its a great upgrade, i recommend them for any ocasion..................... :drinking:
Last edited by jetbtkng on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby tooshorty » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Any price breaks for group buy??? These crappy times gotta at least ask...
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TMMK Toy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Offtopic but when is NST gonna be making more of those ae86 master cylinder braces? I could use one for mine this autox season.
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chullen1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Quick Question, I have a heavy audio system in my car with a upgraded altenator and battery and grounds. Will the underdrive pulley lower my volt output any?
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SirThomas8 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:10 am

chullen1 wrote:Quick Question, I have a heavy audio system in my car with a upgraded altenator and battery and grounds. Will the underdrive pulley lower my volt output any?

The more experienced ppl on here can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the underdrive pulley will lower the amount of power you get out of your alternator because your engine will be spinning the alternator slower, thus producing less power. Which is partly why the underdrive pulley is effective in increasing engine performance... less parasitic effect from the alternator and other accessories.
-SirThomas88 on ToyotaNation.com
www.cardomain.com/id/SirThomas88
SirThomas8
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:48 am

alternators are designed to charge at any rpm, there not like old school generators, that needed higher rpm's to charge, and the pully wont make that much of a differance............... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby NonStopTuning » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:23 pm

chullen1 wrote:Quick Question, I have a heavy audio system in my car with a upgraded altenator and battery and grounds. Will the underdrive pulley lower my volt output any?

In theory, yes. Underdrive crank pulleys lower alternator output AT IDLE. Some of the older pulley manufacturers in the old days used excessive amounts of underdriving (as much as 40%) via their crank pulleys which led to weak batteries and dimming lights in some street cars. NST crank pulleys are designed to underdrive in the neighborhood of 10% to 20% max.

In a nut shell, if your current alternator and battery is doing OK with your electrical system you will be just fine with an NST underdrive crank pulley.

Don't want to even risk it? No problem! Buy the NST CR-Lite crank pulley.

Good luck and have fun with all your projects!

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
NonStopTuning
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NonStopTuning » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:25 pm

TMMK Toy wrote:Offtopic but when is NST gonna be making more of those ae86 master cylinder braces? I could use one for mine this autox season.

We have a group buy thread going in the classified section of www.club4ag.com for our next batch. Please go there and add your name to the list!

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
NonStopTuning
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NonStopTuning » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:27 pm

jetbtkng wrote: i have there crank pullies on both my lara's, and i can say its a great upgrade, i recommend them for any ocasion..................... :drinking:

Thank you sir!!! :)

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
NonStopTuning
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NonStopTuning » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:29 pm

SirThomas8 wrote:Forgive my noobness, but let me post a hypothetical question I've been pondering.

From what I've read, the underdrive pulley is more-so meant for the N/A crowd, and the light weight pulley is meant more so for the S/C crowd. The reason behind this being that the underdrive pulley would slow down the super charger and reduce boost.

So, if that is the case, here's my question: Say you have an S/C, can't you get the underdrive pulley, and then put on a higher-PSI pulley on the S/C to compensate? It seems to me that with that, you'd get the best of both worlds. Accessories would be slowed, rotational weight would be lightened, and you'd be able to keep your S/C boost around the same levels.

Yes and Yes.

And Yes, yet again.

:wink:

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
NonStopTuning
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NonStopTuning » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Anyone else interested?!

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
NonStopTuning
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SirThomas88 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:17 pm

I am very interested Mike. Getting an NST pulley has been on my To Do list for my car for awhile. There is no question about it. I've already decided to buy one.

I'm putting my supercharger on this weekend, and I've got a meth kit heading to me right now. With that said, I can't afford an NST pulley just yet.

Realistically, I should be able to pick one up by July. As others on here can confirm, when I give a date as far as when I'll invest in something I'm serious about meeting it.

If availability becomes a concern before July, please contact me Mike. I definitely don't want to be left without one of these!

Edit: Just saw the post about the group buy. Sent you a PM Mike.
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:05 am

installed the CR-lite pulley and definitely noticed a difference!
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby sydemoid » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 am

After putzing around for about 9 months, finally got a new timing belt, water pump, and my NST pulley installed...

I only drove the car for like 20 minutes so far.... but it has more pep to its step.... the kind of pep that can influence you to run harder... and no vibrations, and also noticed less drag from the AC, normally the AC will drop your engine RPM like 250 rpm give or take.

So far, I'm with the satisfied group... and yeah, I have the smaller of the 2 pulleys available, I'm pretty sure the stock sized one will net you the same results. Quality of product is definitely impressive <- shoot, the mechanics at the shop I had the work done, had a million questions...

"where did you get it?!.... it's way lighter than the stock one!... How can I get one?"

And yes... I gave them the link ;) LOL
Geeks get it done, while Nerds whimper and call for mommie.
sydemoid
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NonStopTuning » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Glad you like your NST pulley!!!

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
NonStopTuning
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5