[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - exhaust piping hangs low
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

exhaust piping hangs low

exhaust piping hangs low

Postby v6ondubz » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:33 am

I have jp racing headers and full exhaust with a magnaflow tip and have been really annoyed by how much my exhaust hits things like speed bumps and driveways. The piping dips really low around the rear axeI area. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and or had pics of there under carriage from the rear of the car so I can see if they all look the way my piping does or not.
ImageImageImage
v6ondubz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: exhaust piping hangs low

Postby hskrsolara » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:31 pm

unfortunately this is common for even the OEM exhaust on most solaras and camrys. not much you can do about it, the rubber hangers are pretty stressed already. best bet is heading to an exhaust shop and getting their advice.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby SirThomas88 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah low hanging exhaust on our cars is to be expected. Dunno why it's not designed differently.. :crazyeyes:
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:48 pm

mine does the same thing, once i replaced the exhaust it hangs lower even though im using almost all the same hangers, aside from me going to a bigger size piping it shouldnt have made a difference but its lowest point is at the s turn, ive been fiddling with it and the hangers and theres not much i can do because any higher and the muffler tip will be right touching the bumper. and i dont have a tube bender to re make a s turn
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarizona » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Mine did the same thing with Greddy Evo II. I've since done custom piping and it's a much tighter fit. Better ground clearance even with 3" piping and a monster resonator.

Old setup:
TRD Bodykit, Eibach, Tokico, BBS, OBX headers/y-pipe, Custom 2.5" Magnaflow/Dynomax, PowerStop, Goodridge, AFE.
Solarizona
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby stringbean » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Solarizona wrote:Mine did the same thing with Greddy Evo II. I've since done custom piping and it's a much tighter fit. Better ground clearance even with 3" piping and a monster resonator.

Old setup:

did you do custom piping from the cat back or from the y pipe back? did you have to make any bends or is pretty straight aside from the s bend?

the s bend in mine is terrible the shop did a poor job (not really... just made the s too large) so it hangs low there, if i make a new one i think my problem would be fixed. same with most of our cars id imagine unless you did something really special to make it fit really nice and solid
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby v6ondubz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:43 pm

i just hate that it does that how about people with duals does anyone have any undercarriage pictures
ImageImageImage
v6ondubz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kenny6683 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:56 pm

hard to see but this is my piping. all original except for s pipe which was bent to an angle which sits higher up and does not hang low at all with my magnaflow muffler

kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SleeperSolara » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:38 am

Here's my Greddy Evo exhaust.

2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby v6ondubz » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:57 pm

SleeperSolara wrote:Here's my Greddy Evo exhaust.

pretttttty
ImageImageImage
v6ondubz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SleeperSolara » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:44 pm

v6ondubz wrote:pretttttty

Thanks.
Just all Mother's Mag polish and tender lovin' care. lol.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Midias » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:27 am

When I made my last exhaust I tried to get it high up I think these cars just naturally have a low exhaust

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ThatVietGuy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:21 am

Low exhaust is designed to not intrude into the cabin in the case of a rear collision.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kenny6683 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 pm

ThatVietGuy wrote:Low exhaust is designed to not intrude into the cabin in the case of a rear collision.

IMO
i doubt the exhaust hanging 2 inches lower would make so much of a difference and how about all other cars which have the pipping mounted higher from factory?

i think pipes should all be adjusted higher on any solara's riding low. if we were so worried about pipes intruding the cabin then how about front end collision? riding low we may end up under an SUV or larger cars rear bumper eitherway so...

once vehicle is modified...original design does not always work anymore. This is one of them
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:48 pm

I met someone at work today who is on the waiting list for the new Nissan Leaf. Having no exhaust will solve all your problems, and 99mpg equivalence is just icing on the cake!

l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5