[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Body kit PICS!!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Body kit PICS!!

Re: Body kit PICS!!

Postby indiglosolara » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:54 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:Looks like a ......

BTW have you seen this thread???
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51737

What you should have posted is have you seen this thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51290

lolz!!! Sorry I had too...
:D
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby TheMack » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:06 pm

so your sayin my car is a fail?
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:26 pm

TheMack wrote:so your sayin my car is a fail?

with the kit left black, it doesn't look complete... But once you paint the kit the same color of the car it would look better...
But the kit is way to aggressive for the set-up you have right now... You need to close the fender gap.. Lowering it will help
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby alltrac92 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:11 am

alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheMack » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:41 am

indiglosolara wrote:

with the kit left black, it doesn't look complete... But once you paint the kit the same color of the car it would look better...
But the kit is way to aggressive for the set-up you have right now... You need to close the fender gap.. Lowering it will help

well yeah its in a preliminary stage, for now im saving to get everything done right the first time as opposed to rushing anything, id rather take it slow and have it look weird for a while than make a rash decision
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:09 am

TheMack wrote:
indiglosolara wrote:

well yeah its in a preliminary stage, for now im saving to get everything done right the first time as opposed to rushing anything, id rather take it slow and have it look weird for a while than make a rash decision

If that is the case I would ditch the kit as a whole and use the money on fixing the body of the car, get some nice coilovers or springs and lower the car. It would look better that way then with this kit, But thats just my opinion. Something about the fiberglass kits that don't fancy me to much.

Just a thought :D
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby indiglosolara » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:10 am

alltrac92 wrote:Image

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :evilbat:
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby 2000bluepearl » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:26 pm

It has to be lowered...and you will cause after spending the money on the kit and the paint, you'll just have to finish the job by lowering it.
And if you can lose the stock grill up top with this kit you should. It doesnt blend well.
I chickened out with the Octane side skirts cause they didnt fit me right. I just got the TRD sides and back, and also the TRD fronts to swap with this rice-ee front if i want.

And you're gonna scrape. Just got to learn to drive lowered....or you can get the immitation TRD fiberglass fronts cause the trd kit is no challenge to get around with.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176062505781761#!/profile.php?id=1348235601
2000bluepearl
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby indiglosolara » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Kaminari sells the complete TRD kit for under $500 bucks.
made from Polyurathane rather then fiberglass.

kaminari bought Molly Designs mold a few years back, Molly Designs were the ones that made the TRD kits for Toyota, I ran a group buy many many moons ago with Molly designs.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby 2000bluepearl » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:13 pm

When i was looking a few years back the only kit avail was for 1.5...dont bother trying to fit the front..it wont be right...just get the fiberglass. No need to go all out on the front as the TRD front wont scrape unless you are driving wreckless. but if you can find an actual gen 1 poly front....get it.
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176062505781761#!/profile.php?id=1348235601
2000bluepearl
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby hskrsolara » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:48 pm

2000bluepearl wrote:When i was looking a few years back the only kit avail was for 1.5...dont bother trying to fit the front..it wont be right...just get the fiberglass. No need to go all out on the front as the TRD front wont scrape unless you are driving wreckless. but if you can find an actual gen 1 poly front....get it.

You obviously didn't try very hard. Theres quite a few gen 1's on here with gen 1.5 trd fronts that are looking damn good. After I formed and installed mine, you would never know the difference. The fiberglass kits are cheap and easily crack.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby 2000bluepearl » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:17 am

All fiberglass is cheap and cracks easy.
2000bluepearl
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TLMNICK » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:12 pm

I don't like it at all. Looks kinda ghetto actually IMO, but to each his own. If it were my car, I would've taken the money spent on the kit, and bought some springs, and I would've had the quarter panel fixed. Big body kit, and stock ride height makes it awkward lookin.

The rims look sick though. You should ditch the kit, and slam the car instead.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CamryOnBronze » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:12 am

^ I've gotta agree. It looks terrible. Go back to stock and use the money to fix the rear damage or something.
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby TheMack » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:14 am

i already have tockico blue struts wit ground control coilover sleeves i just havent put them on, i only spent 2 bills on the kit and i been getting alot of love from most people when i drive. I just like making the car my own, Bluepearl i was wondering, how did you put the mesh on the front? as in how did you secure it because i dont want to drill in the front
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5