[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Quick Strut issue..
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Quick Strut issue..

Quick Strut issue..

Postby tommyd » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:04 pm

I have talked to Monroe about the correct Q/S for my 2000 SLE V6.

After different answers they have settled on part # 171681 & 171680 for the rear.

This differs from what they told me a month before. Then they gave me 271681 & 271680 for the rear which is the same as listed for a Camry and the Lexus ES300 of the same year..

They say because of the weight of my Solara I do not need the higher rate springs.... well.

After some research I find my Solara outweighs a 4 door V6 Camry by 40 lbs. It is also an inch or so longer and wider .. The ES300 is a little bit heavier...

Anyone used the 271 part numbers on the rear (this is what the front calls for) and how do you like them... Actually I'm thinking it might be an advantage to have the stiffer springs in the rear in some circumstances.

Any one that has used these Q/S's please chime in if you would...
tommyd
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Quick Strut issue..

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:15 am

They sell the quick struts on ebay. I think the sets run $179 to $199 for the pair. Need to change mine as well in the rear because the mounts sound like a prisoner running a cup across his cell bars....lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby rob96826 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

the #2 in front of the part number indicate for a v6.......where #1 is for I4......only difference is the spring between the quick strut unit.....all other parts are the same
rob96826
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 am

Just made a thread about this...viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52022
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mkulina » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:22 am

Just a heads up on these. I put them on an Avalon. Within 50k miles, I had to swap the right front one three times, because it would start to bind in the mount. Apparently they use the cheapest parts on earth, so keep an ear open.

Now, in all fairness, the Advance Store where I bought them was great. I would tell them, they would order me a new one and they'd swap it out. But do you really want to become an expert strut swapper, or do you just want a smooth ride?

Regards,
Mike
Mkulina
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5