[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - muffler choices *HELP*
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

muffler choices *HELP*

muffler choices *HELP*

Postby ayybee31 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:17 am

alright so i got myself a 00 v6sle and im lookin to make it somewhat louder (since i cant pay for my 98 vw vr6 just yet)

no i dont have the money for a TRD muffler right now because im in debt pretty damn bad

same goes for exhaust system (eventually)

im just looking for something to give my yota that deep sound but not that damn annoying honda rattle

ive seen some videos on youtube of camrys with mufflers that kinda give it that low vw vr6 rumble and i love it

maybe im being a little too picky with this but i dont know i just want something to make it sound somewhat mean

can someone please help me out?

-thanks a bunch!
ayybee31
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: muffler choices *HELP*

Postby parkc96 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:59 am

well i just bought a muffler for $30 off amazon for my 4cylinder camry i like the sound kinda a deeper not ricer ish sound. but it looks kinda ricer... btw i left the silencer in thats why... here's a link

http://www.amazon.com/Muffler-Exhaust-U ... 44&sr=1-20

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarasian » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:11 pm

i have a greddy sp2 on mine. sound good.
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hskrsolara » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Magnaflow street series are solid.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby TheGreenDutch » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:55 am

whatever you do avoid the cylinder shaped fart can style mufflers. Better off with a standared style muffler with an over sized tip and larger pipes. cheapest bets are the Flow Master and the Magna flows after that the ebay T304 stainless ones with the dual tips would work. check here... http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Mufflers-/3 ... del=Solara

I have a greddy style universal muffler(Greddy copy) Its sounds deep and throaty yet quiet when I cruze the fart can ones drone too much. Couldn't find you that version and im not sure if its still available I bought it in '07...Good luck.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:05 am

hskrsolara wrote:Magnaflow street series are solid.

^x2 Great sounding muffler at a decent price.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby hskrsolara » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:03 am

GzNutz wrote:
hskrsolara wrote:Magnaflow street series are solid.

^x2 Great sounding muffler at a decent price.

yeah, thats what I had on my 94 camry and it sounded very nice on the 2.2 4 cyl.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5