[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Project Goldie
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Project Goldie

Project Goldie

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 pm

I got a 2000 Solara SLE V6 known to me as "Goldie"(X3) These are pretty much what she has at the moment.

TRD 2000-2003 Muffler for 1MZFE V6 using stock pipes(w/ noticable power gains in the midrange, in which before I did not notice b4 O_o and it sorta scared me...)
TRD seatbelt pads
TRD white vinyl sticker in the rear window.
TRD emblem in the trunk x1
JVC 290 W rear deck speakers x2
JVC 250 W front door speakers x2
KENWOOD 50x4 Headunit with 4 GB hispeed flashdrive x1

Oxford Burlwood(OEM) 19-piece dask kit
Oxford Burlwood(OEM) Steering wheel cover
Tomtom GPS.
K&N Reusable Filter(w/ noticable power gain; some but not none.)

Summary: Pretty much minor additions. My JVC setup is actually better than the stock(i.e. deeper bass, though louder overall). The filter and muffler does help some power additions, and I know this old girl very well. She actually kicks stronger in the midrange now rather than gradual. Already ten years old, born from California, she's on her 90's(erm...in miles jeez) Despite of that, she still runs like a dream and angry when she is asked to. She also has alot of door dings and unnoticable scratches, but from afar she looks gourgeous.

Future plans: w/ Budget of 20K+ a.k.a. Project Goldie.

1MZ/3MZ Hybridization.
New exhaust pipes retaining the TRD mufler I got on it. new cat of course.
Polished Lexus Intake manifold
Polished 1MZ head. gold.
A coat of gold heat paint on the engine block.
Revised cooling fans
TIEN adjustable struts and JIC strut bars(painted gold, of course)
2 Halo fog lights to be placed in front inside the bumper about the same diameter of the "mouth" to make a bold look.
Eliminate all silver chrome pieces of the car to be replaced with paint matched gold.
Custom gold chrome headlight housing with partial smoke tinting.
Black turn signal light housings.
Rear euro tail lights.
Removal of mudflaps
Re-upholstery of the leather /w new front buckets, etched in TRD in leather.
Dual subwoofers 500 watts each
1000 watt amplifier
JVC headunit with DVD and Navi.
Re-insulate and soundproofing using Dynamat.
2 gauge cluster for oil temp, voltage.
Mercedes-style hidden interior lighting
HD battery.
Carbon Fiber hood with Aston Martin style scoops with water guard.
Stock foglight delete, replace with custom cone ducting.
Custom made alfa romeo 8C competizione style wheels measuring 17 x 7s with pirelli tires.
Piston brake upgrade with increased rotor diameter.
Yes, Dual mode lambo doors. These doors can be opened traditionally or how it is intended as the need to show off fit, otherwise having regular lambo doors always would make you look silly.
Rebuild Transmission
Rebuild Suspension links
Rebuild CV joints.
And most of all, cut the automatic shifter in half for it would look proportionally correct.
2000 Toyota Solara a.k.a "Goldie" SLE V6 //PARTS: TRD Muffler w/ Stock pipes, K&N filter, Tokico Blue Shocks w/ Stock Springs, Kenwood H/U with x4 JVC speakers(250x2 Front and 290x2 Rear) w/ JL 1000 watt amp.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Project Goldie

Postby SpeedySolara » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Have pics?
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Will have them soon XD
2000 Toyota Solara a.k.a "Goldie" SLE V6 //PARTS: TRD Muffler w/ Stock pipes, K&N filter, Tokico Blue Shocks w/ Stock Springs, Kenwood H/U with x4 JVC speakers(250x2 Front and 290x2 Rear) w/ JL 1000 watt amp.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SPICA1750 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:41 pm

good luck!! I love the custom made alfa romeo 8c wheels. cant wait to see pictures!!
2000 Toyota Solara SE<aftermarket exhaust>
1995 BMW 525i..(sold)
SPICA1750
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Little updates on some inspirations. I'm still going for the Gold motif with some new additions.

Dual exhaust - I am still wondering what I am gonna do how to make it even with the bumper without messing it up...I'd chop that metal hump were the spare tire is at, FYI, i got rid of my spare tire XD
Bazooka tubes - I got it from watching "Pimp my ride" a month ago, I'd put two.
Converting the front to 1.5 - Because the 1.5 style front looks so much sportier; although, I'll probably not gonna put the stock fog lights in them but rather fabricate some coning or mesh to take its place. Instead I'll hook some perfectly sized fog lights using the stock's wiring hooked up rally-style.
Manual transmission conversion - This is a big one; I am having difficulty finding some camry/solara donor cars. Anyone?
Re-tube engine - Rubber tubing isnt really peachy...What's some good metal tubing?
Integrate radar detector into dash - I saw this on Speed one time that this guy built his radar detector in the dash of his Mustang.
Sport seats or similar - Still looking for sport seats that dont require using harnesses, Is there some out there?

That's all for now.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mig0s » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:09 am

as much as I love our Solaras, please don't spend 20k in this car. It's not worth it.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarasian » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:43 am

^ at most i would spent like 7k. hell, i want a supercharger though =/
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:59 am

lol with everything ive done mods/replacements ive probably spent well over 10k
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby 1gSE » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 am

ToyoSolV6 wrote:lol with everything ive done mods/replacements ive probably spent well over 10k

I'm about 3/4 of that lol

OP ditch the bazooka tubes and go with something else. Even a small 10 will be better than those
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby thenewguy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:lol with everything ive done mods/replacements ive probably spent well over 10k

Haha im getting up there too
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Well I figured it's a rough estimate but I might have overestimated some stuff. 10K is enough a budget for decent tuner cars, but there will be alot of work to be done.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5