[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What's that part?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

What's that part?

What's that part?

Postby minig646 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:46 am

Recently, my rear suspension has been clicking and popping at every turn. I'm pretty confident I over-torqued the bolts holding the U bracket and TRD rear sway bar in place, stripping the threads inside the plate. Now the bolts just won't get tight.

My questions are:
~What the devil is that plate called? Rear stabilizer mount or something? I can't find the part number for it anywhere, and I need two new ones with fresh threads.
~Now that I have a torque wrench, what are the torque specs for those bolts holding the rear sway bar in?

Thanks
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: What's that part?

Postby TheGreenDutch » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:42 am

maybe you can rethread them with a next size up bolt? You can rent the kits at Autozone. My strut mounts click and pop. You can pull the top of the wheel towards you and get lots of play...I really have to get this fixed...lol...
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:48 am

Are taking about the u bracket that holds the bar to the chasis? if so the part number is 48832‑AA010 (BRACKET, REAR STABILIZER BAR, NO.1)
something similar to this?
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_ima ... _large.jpg
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby minig646 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:07 am

I'm actually talking about the plate that that u bracket bolts in to, but thanks anyway. I think I'm gonna take the advice and tap it out to the next biggest bolt size.

You don't know what the torque specs are do you?
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Nope..try searching around.

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby minig646 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:43 pm

I think it's 29 ft/lbs. I tried retapping the holes to 10mm and got some new bolts and voila. Never again will I neglect the torque specs.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:46 am

minig646 wrote:I think it's 29 ft/lbs. I tried retapping the holes to 10mm and got some new bolts and voila. Never again will I neglect the torque specs.

Glad you fixed man

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:34 am

you just saved yourself a couple hundred bucks. Go get a nice pack of beer... hehe
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby minig646 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Nevermind... It started popping again today so I loosened, lubed, and retightened everything and somehow stripped one of the freshly threaded holes. I can't tighten that bolt any more than about 18 foot pounds on the torque wrench, and I can't really make the hole even bigger. FML.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SPICA1750 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:55 pm

TheGreenDutch wrote:you just saved yourself a couple hundred bucks. Go get a nice pack of beer... hehe

X3 :drinking:
2000 Toyota Solara SE<aftermarket exhaust>
1995 BMW 525i..(sold)
SPICA1750
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Will_treaty15 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:44 am

I know that was in 09' but for other people looking on this forum for the answer here it is. I had the same problem, a poping noise every time I went into a turn, its the rear swaybar link. You can pick one up at autozone for roughly $12. Hope this helps.
Will_treaty15
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:08 pm

I had 2 bolts break off in those plates. I ended up having to drill them all the way out and weld a shoulder washer in the new hole.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5