[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Green displays info
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Green displays info

Green displays info

Postby Eriko » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Hey guys new to this site I just bought a 2002 toyota solara and have many upgrades in mind that I want to do. I know there's reverse glow for cluster and gauges but is there a way to change the light for temp controls, time, and radio (basically whole center console lights) from green to blue? Thanks for all the help in advance :D
Eriko
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Green displays info

Postby minig646 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:22 pm

None of those are lightbulbs, they're all LED's soldered to circuit boards. If you're brave and really good with soldering, I suppose it's technically possible, but I have a degree in electronics and I was too chicken to try it.

The gauge cluster, the ring around the ignition, the dome light and the map light are all much easier to change.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:40 pm

The cluster bulbs can be changed a lot easier than the rest of the interior....at the same time, if you just drop in some blue led bulbs, it isn't gonna look 100%. The climate controls and radio buttons are all bulbs too....but as mentioned above, they're soldered to the boards, so if you don't have prior experience with that stuff, I wouldn't recommend it.
I modded my cluster a bit, but I couldn't be bothered with the rest of it....too much time that I don't have haha.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby minig646 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:07 am

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10319&hilit=lighting

^for all your future questions.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Eriko » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:41 am

Thanks for all the help I have changed the cluster and dome light s as of now and took apart the radio and saw what you ment by the circut board.
minig646 wrote:None of those are lightbulbs, they're all LED's soldered to circuit boards. If you're brave and really good with soldering, I suppose it's technically possible, but I have a degree in electronics and I was too chicken to try it.

If i were to attempt this what type of bulbs would i need to get?
Eriko
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Eriko » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:56 am

minig646 wrote:None of those are lightbulbs, they're all LED's soldered to circuit boards. If you're brave and really good with soldering, I suppose it's technically possible, but I have a degree in electronics and I was too chicken to try it.

The gauge cluster, the ring around the ignition, the dome light and the map light are all much easier to change.

If i were to attempt the bulb change what kind of bulbs would i need to order?
Eriko
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby minig646 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:12 am

I honestly don't know... for the cluster, I just pulled off the green condom things and colored the bulbs with a few coats of red sharpie and that worked pretty well. If the bulbs in the radio are like the bulbs in the cluster, maybe you could do the same procedure. I have an aftermarked head unit, so I can't go and check for you.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kenny6683 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:07 am

kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eriko » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanks for all the help I'll be sure to post some pictures of the project after its done
Eriko
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dinoxor » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51981
something i've written up a while back. feel free to ask!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5