[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Magnaflow cat/y-pipe?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Magnaflow cat/y-pipe?

Magnaflow cat/y-pipe?

Postby TRD_Sloara » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:47 pm

I am having second thought about purchasing OBX headers for my car, especially since further research suggests replacing the manifolds won't do as much for performance as replacing the stock y-pipe will. Searching online, I found a Magnaflow replacement for both the downpipe and cat converter, since they are all one piece anyway, and was wondering if anybody has any experience with this, or knew offhand what the piping diameter is? If it is 2.5" like dat's is I might as well just buy it to save the headache or money of getting the crappy ebay headers installed.

http://allexhaust.com/magnaflow/84047.html
TRD_Sloara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Magnaflow cat/y-pipe?

Postby 1gSE » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:13 am

IIRC someone bought one like a year or 2 ago. Its a stock replacement, probably would see very minimal gains if any.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby sarki » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:06 am

Look at Toyosolv6 he has just the dats y-pipe and stock headers making 288whp and 268 torque. I myself have the obx headers and y-pipe with a 3" hi-flo cat. My HP gain was not much but over 50 hp wheel torque . I was told even with the high flow cat it's still a big restriction although better than the stock. hope this information helps a little bit
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:10 am

now that i look at the price of the magnaflow, I'd go with the complete OBX set up
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TRD_Sloara » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Yeah I just ended up having a shop replace the piping from the flex pipe to the cat for now. I called the company this morning, and even the Magnaflow rep said "1-2 hp." For 3x what the pipe repair cost, no thanks.
TRD_Sloara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:13 pm

yep i have stock shorty headers dats y pipe obx 3in with no cat. and my car is making pretty good hp and tq.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby TRD_Sloara » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:55 pm

That's good to know. The bad news is, I talked to four different shops that I know have the machinery to fab me a y-pipe, but they all made up excuses or told me they'd be busy all day long lulz. Looks like I'm stuck with stock for now, I don't think I can afford to get the OBX headers installed right now, plus the cost of remounting the cat.
TRD_Sloara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5