[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Show off your quiet exhaust!!!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Show off your quiet exhaust!!!

Show off your quiet exhaust!!!

Postby SpeedySolara » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Many of us hate a loud exhaust but are forced to modify our restrictive exhaust to see some more power at the expense of a quiet ride. If you have a quiet/low noise exhaust, give us some details on your setup (parts used, pipe diameter, etc.). A sound clip would be great too. Comparing the sound/noise level to other cars could also give us a good idea on what your car sounds like. Finally, the stock exhaust obviously doesn't count so unmodified exhausts need not apply. I hope you guys could all chime in.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Show off your quiet exhaust!!!

Postby 1gSE » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:19 am

This was like 15 minutes after the install. Its a little louder now, but still not nearly as loud as the 3in straight piped axle-back that was on the stock exhaust. Its quiet when I need it to be, and turns heads when I'm on it..or maybe thats the blower. Stock manifolds (fed spec) y-pipe and cat
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby rg456 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:17 pm

damn!!!! that sounds good as hell!!!! I agree with you it could be a little louder but I really like the deep sound it has great job
rg456
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TRD_Sloara » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Wow, DO WANT. 3" SS catback for $300? And it actually sounds decent (imho)? I know what my next mod is going to be :D

I was thinking about buying this and putting a Magnaflow or Flowmaster muffler the end, but this actually sounds nice, a far cry from the OBX catback I put on my Integra when I was in HS. :icecream:
TRD_Sloara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby pwizzle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:22 am

I'll post up a video of my exhaust later but for my current setup, my exhaust is stock except for a TRD axel-back muffler.
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRD_Sloara » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:43 am

Mine is the same. I like the sound, but when I upgrade to 3" piping, it will be a restriction. The good news is, you won't come out that far behind, selling the TRD axleback after buying the OBX, as long as the TRD is in decent shape :)
TRD_Sloara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby pwizzle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 pm

I would upgrade my exhaust but I'm a broke ass full time college student with no money to spare what-so-ever. The axle-back is good enough for me right now and I'm concentrating on upgrading my suspension when I have some spare change laying around.
"To be is to do" - Plato
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRD_Sloara » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:52 pm

pwizzle wrote:I would upgrade my exhaust but I'm a broke ass full time college student with no money to spare what-so-ever. The axle-back is good enough for me right now and I'm concentrating on upgrading my suspension when I have some spare change laying around.

That's what careful calculation of student loans is for. Can't wait until about 1.5 weeks :wink:
TRD_Sloara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:04 pm

No camera no video.. If you want quiet but still sounds stock mean enough at wot I just have a complete stock header back to the axle and from the axle to the muffler is a stock IS350 muffler. Quiet at idle and cruise for daily. Flows well spirited and semi louder at flooring it. Best of all looks 100% stock.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby pwizzle » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:38 pm

DatSRBoi wrote:No camera no video.. If you want quiet but still sounds stock mean enough at wot I just have a complete stock header back to the axle and from the axle to the muffler is a stock IS350 muffler. Quiet at idle and cruise for daily. Flows well spirited and semi louder at flooring it. Best of all looks 100% stock.

How is it compared to the TRD exhaust? Power-wise and sound-wise?
"To be is to do" - Plato
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedySolara » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:59 pm

DatSRBoi wrote:No camera no video.. If you want quiet but still sounds stock mean enough at wot I just have a complete stock header back to the axle and from the axle to the muffler is a stock IS350 muffler. Quiet at idle and cruise for daily. Flows well spirited and semi louder at flooring it. Best of all looks 100% stock.

I thought you sold your Solara many moons ago. Anyway, good to see an OG is still around. What size pipes does the IS350 have?
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DatSRBoi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 pm

pwizzle wrote:

How is it compared to the TRD exhaust? Power-wise and sound-wise?

Honestly The IS350 muffler look so much more beefy than the TRD solara one. Sounds quiet for daily, looks stock, with a hint of sporty stock sound when pushing on it. Power wise maybe 1 hp :drinking: . I just did it because the stock one looked horrible and old and I work at a dealership. The original owner replaced his because he hit something and bent the piping and was going to toss out a near new set so I got it before it went to the dumpster. Took one of the muffler off and replace it with mine.
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby DatSRBoi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 pm

SpeedySolara wrote:

I thought you sold your Solara many moons ago. Anyway, good to see an OG is still around. What size pipes does the IS350 have?

Sup man I had two solara. Sold one the sc one and gaved the white one to my little sister in missouri. Few weeks back I gaved her a new car for school and decided to go solara again since I hate hondas... The piping for the is350 is the same as the solara but has a dual exit. I only used one muffler.
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby TheGreenDutch » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Whatever you do if you don't want a loud fart can avoid the cheap cylinder shaped mufflers. The standard style ones with larger tubing have a better sound.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Midias » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:28 am

Here we go check my sig for the build thread
Dats Y pipe highflow cat 2.5 inch pipe dual silverline resonators TRD muffler. The first two are cruising and just enjoying the quiet exhaust the third is punching it to hear it.

Last edited by Midias on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5