[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - An unusual surgical transplant!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

An unusual surgical transplant!

An unusual surgical transplant!

Postby Raw-lara » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Just wondering I woke up with an idea...Since the solara is a 2door camry. would it be possible to fit a 2002 camry front end on the solara without any crazy modifications? Im hoping it might be as easy as just changing the hood ,fenders,bumper,lights . If anyone knows if this is possible could you lmk how much work im getting myself into.

this year camry front is what im looking at putting on my 1.5 gen convertible
Raw-lara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: An unusual surgical transplant!

Postby 02slera » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:02 pm

2002 and 2003 solara stayed on the 2001 camry platform while the camry its self was redesigned for 2002. so an '02 solara is more like an '01 camry than an '02 camry.
2002 Solara SLE v6
02slera
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedySolara » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:43 pm

While the 97-01 Camry has a similar platform to the 99-03 Solara, cosmetically the Camry is square-like while the Solara is more round like the Camry pictured. The problem here would be fitting the gen 1.5 headlights to the contour of the gen 5 Camry's bumper. You'll probably have better luck using gen 1 (99-01) Solara headlights on the gen 5 Camry bumper if they fit. From there you'll need to mold the sides of the bumper to match up with the Solara fenders. You'll probably need to use the Camry grille and customize it to fit the gen 1 Solara headlights & convert the headlight harnesses to H4's. You could reuse your fog lights since that year Camry uses the same fogs. As far as it'll all mold up to the hood beats me. Try to get measurements of both cars (ie. width, height, etc.)

The above would be if you're looking to do the least amount of bodywork/modifying but even then, this will require a lot of work, especially if you want to do it the right way and have everything fit correctly.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ThurzNite » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:27 am

Time to visit the auctions and pick up a rear ended camry! Good luck.
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SPICA1750 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:50 pm

someone do this. i need to see this happen!
2000 Toyota Solara SE<aftermarket exhaust>
1995 BMW 525i..(sold)
SPICA1750
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Tue May 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Wtf?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5