[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 8.5 Wheel too much?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

8.5 Wheel too much?

8.5 Wheel too much?

Postby wannadg » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Just bought a 2000 Toyota Camry Solara, Looking to spice things up a bit.
The car is silver and looking to mount some nicer wheels first, These caught my eye but with a 8.5 wide
wheel and a +45 mm offset I'm kinda worried it wouldt fit.The seller says that it will .....Any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQcmd ... MEWAXQ3aIT
wannadg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 8.5 Wheel too much?

Postby Akfahad » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:56 am

see this link...not sure what offset he's using. will need to roll the fenders tho.

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51631
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Toy1mzfe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:43 pm

+35 offset at least
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:59 pm

^ yup
with that high offset and the wheels being an 8.5 you might rub on the strut
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby KILLA CAM » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:50 pm

I ran 8.5s in the rear with a +33 offset, fit beautifully, had my fenders rolled though. I had a Camry tho, you can fit more aggressive wheels on a Solara, don't know if you'd have to roll the fenders on the Solara with the same specs.

If you are going with an 8.5 inch rim, go with at least +35 offset. Remember, you can always use spacers to lower the offset if you can't find wheels with the right offset, but it is always better to find wheels with good offsets so you don't have to deal with spacers.
KILLA CAM
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chriscarter » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Not only will you have interference with the wheel opening and lower spring perch when turning, you won't be able to drive over anything larger than a cigarette butt without hitting the tire on the car somewhere. Will probably thow off camber setting to a large degree too with that offset.

If you end up with lotsa positive offset thru the wheel or spacers, you put additional stress on the lugs and wheel nuts.
chriscarter

Postby 1kdude » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:59 pm

I have 8.5" +35 (I think) on a gen 4 Camry, rolled rear fenders. big bumps rub a bit but not bad.
1kdude
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5