[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Adding heated seats to a 1st gen
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Adding heated seats to a 1st gen

Adding heated seats to a 1st gen

Postby minig646 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Winter is coming, and I don't think it's fair that 99's don't get heated seats. I pulled the heated pads from an Infiniti j30 at a junkyard for $10 just to play around with.

Problem is, I don't want to play around with the possibility of fire. Does anyone know how hot they can get, or if they have an internal thermostat or something?
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Adding heated seats to a 1st gen

Postby corlon » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:07 pm

i doubt a fire is possible. the element would probably short itself open before any chance of that. some factory heated seats will have a temp sensor. i'm guessing its part of a heated seat module on an infinti. aftermarket heated seat kits are not that expensive. i'd try that before adding something from another vehicle if it were me.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Adding heated seats to a 1st gen

Postby minig646 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:13 am

I tested the elements out before putting them in the car... they went to about 110 degrees in 5 minutes and stayed there, so I installed them a little while ago. They're fantastic on cold mornings; I'll never own a car without them again lol
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5