[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Vinyl Wrap?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Vinyl Wrap?

Vinyl Wrap?

Postby Vuluz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:19 am

Hey, I have a few questions about Vinyl.

My car's paint is very old, faded, scratched, etc. I was looking into a new paintjob but someone suggested vinyl wrapping my car. After doing some research I'm still confused about the whole concept.

How durable is it? If heat shrinks it up, wont the sunlight do the same?
Does it scratch or peel easier than normal paint?
Does it feel any different? For example if you touched the car would it feel like theres rubber or something on it?

It just seems like a wrap would be extreamly fragile. Can anybody help me?
BTW: First post:D
Vuluz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Vinyl Wrap?

Postby kenny6683 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Vinyl wrap is just as good as a paint job if done correctly.
It will not feel like rubber and I will not shrink once applied

Depending on quality of vinyl you get...should not scratch unless you hit it with something.
If a rock hits the bumper it may chip just as regular paint job
Oracle or 3M brand...all others may not last long. These usually can go for about 5 years as long as you take care of car. That's all I know...hope it helps
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5