[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Lowering the solara
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Lowering the solara

Lowering the solara

Postby SteveSolara » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Hey guys i am thinking of lowering my Solara, but i am not sure what to get to have it done right. Any suggestions tips would be awesome.

I also don't want it too low because I live in Philly, PA and streets there aren't to good, but not only the streets, winter is coming and that means Snow. So what would be the ideal lowering height and what do i need to get. Thanks for all your help. :D :D

I Found these Springs from B&G S2 Sport http://www.slickcar.com/details/11102-l ... llPQahJmZY are they any good?
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Lowering the solara

Postby ThatVietGuy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Teins, Tokico Blues, new strut mounts and you're good to go.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:35 pm

ThatVietGuy wrote:Teins, Tokico Blues, new strut mounts and you're good to go.

cảm ơn bạn.. LOL i am also vietnamese. Hope these work good and look good
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby zaior3684 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:14 am

Hey! I live in Springfield too!!! Wow what a coincidence.. I am lowering my car with springs in the next month. My friend owns a website that sells them so i can get them for a little bit of a discount (The springs (Tein) are gonna be like 200). Ill let you know how it works out. if you havent lowered yours yet
2000 SLE
[x] Tint (35% Front 5% back)
[x] Subwoofer (12in Kicker L7)
[x] Head Unit (Double Din JVC)
[] Exhaust
[x] Debadge
[x] Air Intake ( Built Myself :D)
[x] Plasti Dip Grill
[x] Plasti Dip Wheels
zaior3684
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:38 am

zaior3684 wrote:Hey! I live in Springfield too!!! Wow what a coincidence.. I am lowering my car with springs in the next month. My friend owns a website that sells them so i can get them for a little bit of a discount (The springs (Tein) are gonna be like 200). Ill let you know how it works out. if you havent lowered yours yet

what website? And yes i am also surprised also that i didnt lowered yet. Where you at in Springfield?
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheGreenDutch » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:51 am

Nice I work around Macdade Blvd in Delco myself but live in Center City(Fairmount). The Tein, Tokico setup is what most use here. Make sure to get new mounts because to do all that work and have your old mounts is just gonna cost you more when they crap out with the new setup. Mounts on these Solaras seem to only last about 10 years. I would advise to not do the drop until summer. We're gonna get a nasty winter and the potholes will eat our whips up alive in Philly. We should do a Philly meetup sometime tho.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:25 pm

TheGreenDutch wrote:Nice I work around Macdade Blvd in Delco myself but live in Center City(Fairmount). The Tein, Tokico setup is what most use here. Make sure to get new mounts because to do all that work and have your old mounts is just gonna cost you more when they crap out with the new setup. Mounts on these Solaras seem to only last about 10 years. I would advise to not do the drop until summer. We're gonna get a nasty winter and the potholes will eat our whips up alive in Philly. We should do a Philly meetup sometime tho.

Yeah streets up in phily are just gross. But i will def lower it during summer, gives me time to save up too :D

We def should have a phily meetup but not much phily solaras out there
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby minig646 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:44 pm

I've never seen another modded solara, I guess they're just too class for this city lol. Philly seems more like a beat up crown victoria on 27"s and 15 year old civic with a fart can exhaust kind of city.

My stock struts are getting old and I was thinking about lowering but every once in a while I hit a big dip or pot hole and I'm glad I haven't.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:49 pm

minig646 wrote:I've never seen another modded solara, I guess they're just too class for this city lol. Philly seems more like a beat up crown victoria on 27"s and 15 year old civic with a fart can exhaust kind of city.

My stock struts are getting old and I was thinking about lowering but every once in a while I hit a big dip or pot hole and I'm glad I haven't.

yeah very true, and pot hols is what makes phily, it wouldn't be right without pot holes LOL
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheGreenDutch » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:58 am

4 Solara Philly meet up.....haha we run $hit!

If anyone wants to stop by to chat, get some tire air or wash your car(bring a rag + towel) my appliance repair shop is at 308 Macdade Blvd in Collingdale, Pa 19023...lol
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby minig646 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:22 am

Is anyone in Philly supercharged? I'd love to see what one is like.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheGreenDutch » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 am

I've might have seen only like 2 TRD Solaras in the past 10 years in philly, but yeah i'd like to test one too...
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby tonyeccs » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:05 pm

I live in South Jersey, Cape May County and I have a 2000 SE that I modded with the TRD kit when I bought it back in late 99. Unfortunately, bad roads in NYC and other roads messed
up the springs. Two front springs broke and had to be replaced after about eight years. My suspension became real bad and so I replaced the trd springs and struts with teins. Also had to replace the strut mounts. This at a cost of $2500 but it runs beautifully now. Also have Zinik rims and kumho tires (18"). Had a Toyota cold air intake which I recently (last week) replaced with an Injen. The car has 126k on it and it runs like brand new. Changed timing belts and spark plugs at 90K. If you want to see some pictures of the car let me know and I will ask my son how to post them.
tonyeccs
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Pics please
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:09 pm

minig646 wrote:Is anyone in Philly supercharged? I'd love to see what one is like.

nothing big just tends to whine a lot and burn through first and second gear lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5