[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Lowering the solara
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Lowering the solara

Re: Lowering the solara

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:11 pm

SteveSolara wrote:
TheMack wrote:im running tockico blues with ground control coilover sleeves.....worst mistake i made, if u like to speed around everywhere then lowering is not for you, thats why im back at stock height, plus the ride was so rough lowered

Yeah that's why i am still debating whether i should still lower or not. Plus i live near Philly, PA and there is a ton of pot holes. So i prob wont, but most likely get wheels instead. Thanks for the tip

well if you lower it the right way you wont be slamming your car everywhere i scrape and throw sparks but thats because my frame is about an inch and a half off the floor, and i have pretty good suspension so my right is very comfortable. if you guys want a normal drop, just drop it on decent springs and struts, if you want to go low then you get coilovers, it mainly all depends on whats your preference but if your on a budget and want to drop your car then dont do it till you get more dough. with a good strut/spring set up it will run you about 500, a coilover set up is ususally 950-1500
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby SteveSolara » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:19 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:
SteveSolara wrote:
TheMack wrote:im running tockico blues with ground control coilover sleeves.....worst mistake i made, if u like to speed around everywhere then lowering is not for you, thats why im back at stock height, plus the ride was so rough lowered

Yeah that's why i am still debating whether i should still lower or not. Plus i live near Philly, PA and there is a ton of pot holes. So i prob wont, but most likely get wheels instead. Thanks for the tip

well if you lower it the right way you wont be slamming your car everywhere i scrape and throw sparks but thats because my frame is about an inch and a half off the floor, and i have pretty good suspension so my right is very comfortable. if you guys want a normal drop, just drop it on decent springs and struts, if you want to go low then you get coilovers, it mainly all depends on whats your preference but if your on a budget and want to drop your car then dont do it till you get more dough. with a good strut/spring set up it will run you about 500, a coilover set up is ususally 950-1500

Thanks for the info, no doubt that if you get a good setup than def the ride will be good, but another reason why i dont want to get it is, I have a lot of family members that i give rides to school and pick them up. Usually with a packed car, so it would be even lower. and i dont want to deal with it.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NonStopTuning » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:03 pm

For anyone who may need springs and/or coilovers for the Solara, please don't hesitate to contact us at NonStopTuning.
We can offer brands such as BC Racing Coilovers and TEIN Coilovers and/or springs.
Call us for more details!

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
NonStopTuning
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:38 pm

I dont see no springs, i see hot girl ...
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:39 pm

But thanks, ill keep it in mind
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jeaoma » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:48 am

when you visit the page and clock on what you want, you cant view prices or anything, it says "please call"

... i wanted to see what they got-
Jeaoma
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:25 am

not gen1 related but I just emailed them and they also have BC coilovers for the gen2 Solara for a grand.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby zaior3684 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:43 am

Anyone who is looking to lower their solara. Visit ignitoperformance.com it is owned and ran by a friend of mine, and both me and steve bought our springs from him. Free Shipping on Tein products, and if you find a better price on ANY of his products, email him and he will match the price
2000 SLE
[x] Tint (35% Front 5% back)
[x] Subwoofer (12in Kicker L7)
[x] Head Unit (Double Din JVC)
[] Exhaust
[x] Debadge
[x] Air Intake ( Built Myself :D)
[x] Plasti Dip Grill
[x] Plasti Dip Wheels
zaior3684
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member