[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Possible Engine swap?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Possible Engine swap?

Re: Possible Engine swap?

Postby Shadow » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Solaras' are really not worth the money, effort, and time to swap the engine with a smallblock. They're good cars but if you're trying to sell it one day, you might as well say goodbye to your money because there really isn't any market for solaras nowadays.

My advice: do small upgrades to the car over a long period of time or sell it and buy a better tuner.
I'm guessing you' haven't done anything to your car considering your topic about short rams so I would think more carefully about upgrades to your solara. Air intake system, and exhaust would be my choice of first upgrades.
2001 SLE
Shadow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Smaay » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:22 pm

the only engine swap that would be beneficial upgrade from the 1MZ or 3MZ would be a 2GR. MR2 guys are doing it like crazy!
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheMack » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:56 am

Put in an LS1motor. I seen civics do it so why not us lol
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5