[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1mz-fe NWP Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

1mz-fe NWP Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers

1mz-fe NWP Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers

Postby Brandoe91 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:05 am

What's up peeps? I have a few maxima friends and every time i attend there meets these nwp spacers seem to come up. So i started think maybe we can get NWP to start making some spacers for the 1mz-fe.

Link to product http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenolic_Spacers.html#VQ30DE

The intake spacers are dyno tested on the Nissan VQ30-DE(1MZ-FE equivalent) and the results are:

1) Gains of 8hp and 9ft-lb of torque! Link Dyno Graph http://www.nwpengineering.com/images/VQ30DE-Phenolic-Spacers-Dyno.gif
2)Average intake manifold temperature decrease of 43 degrees!

This kit originally cost $215 to $225. To some this might seem too much for just 8hp but hey most of us have sri we paid 150+ for pretty much 0hp.
For the guys with superchargers, this would be a possible way to squeeze a little more hp out of the blower and reduce blower temps. The result might even be greater for us since we are boosted and the blower suffers greatly from heat soak.

Getting these spacers produce might be a long shot seeing that they work mainly with Nissan's as there name suggest Nissan Works Performance. Anyway who would be interested in this?

Maybe if there is enough interest we can approach them with the idea....back to Accounting HW :o
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: 1mz-fe NWP Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers

Postby ftw » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:16 am

What's the theory behind this?
New Daily: 2005 Corolla XRS
SOLD: DWP 1999 SE V6| Eibach/Tokico| Super Pro Dogbone Bushings, FSB Bushings| Energy Suspension Front Control Arm Bushings| Injen Intake
ftw
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 am

I can understand the power increase, but I don't understand the 43 degree temperature difference.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Akfahad » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:29 am

depending on how many orders they would take before starting something like is, is really going to depend on whether or not this takes off or not. board has really died and i don't think there's as much interest in aftermarket stuff in the community as there was a few years ago. but hell...its worth a shot. If not, maybe they'll make a one-off for ya.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby pwizzle » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:19 pm

I've been wondering about this aftermarket piece for awhile now. I know they make gaskets for Honda's that absorb the heat and prevent or at least minimize the heat transfer to the intake manifold, but aren't they basically OEM gaskets that are made of heat absorbing material? The spacer is a little different than what I'm talking about but it's based on the same principle of preventing heatsoak in the intake manifold.
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gregtrd » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:04 pm

I have the solution "Water/meth injection", problem solved!
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby alltrac92 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Adding height to the plenum will cause a problem with the upright braces on the backside maybe the braces can be slotted. By blocking some of the heat soak it will help with the hp/tq from dropping but I don't see how it will add any hp/tq above stock levels. If your serious about this I know a company that has made small batches in the past.
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Brandoe91 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:31 pm

I replied to everyone in a one post but some how it got deleted. Seeing there is not a market here for this item, no need to continue the thread. For anyone who just wants to read up more on phenolic spacers, here you go:

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55

oo.. alltrac92- I'm not quite following but for future reference what braces are you speaking about?

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SleeperSolara » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:25 am

Brandoe91 wrote:I replied to everyone in a one post but some how it got deleted. Seeing there is not a market here for this item, no need to continue the thread. For anyone who just wants to read up more on phenolic spacers, here you go:

oo.. alltrac92- I'm not quite following but for future reference what braces are you speaking about?

There are 2 rear braces on the back side of the 1MZFE intake manifold.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Brandoe91 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:35 am

Oh the two black braces.. forgot about those.

SleeperSolara wrote:
Brandoe91 wrote:I replied to everyone in a one post but some how it got deleted. Seeing there is not a market here for this item, no need to continue the thread. For anyone who just wants to read up more on phenolic spacers, here you go:

There are 2 rear braces on the back side of the 1MZFE intake manifold.

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby alltrac92 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:52 pm

Brandoe91 wrote:Oh the two black braces.. forgot about those.

And there would be a problem with the EGR tube.
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5