[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - looking into a kamanari lip kit for gen 1 solara
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

looking into a kamanari lip kit for gen 1 solara

looking into a kamanari lip kit for gen 1 solara

Postby solara99white » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:20 am

Hey everyone,I have a diamond white pearl gen 1 solara. I was looking into maybe getting a trd kamanari solara lip kit, thoughts?how much do they usually run for a whole kit painted?

Thanks guys
1999 pearl white toyota solara se,6k white HID
solara99white
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: looking into a kamanari lip kit for gen 1 solara

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:48 am

l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TheGreenDutch » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Front ... es&vxp=mtr

buddy of mine just got this. I'm looking into it too. Looks nice on his G35.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:c'mon bro... forreal?

http://www.kaminari.com/catalog/46?sort ... rder=Price

Well OP said thoughts as well so he wasn't just asking for price but opinions on it.

I'd go for it, beats OEM look even if its not the molly design.
2001 SLE
Shadow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby solara99white » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:29 am

What's the difference between the molly design and the kamanari? Im just new to the lip kit scene
1999 pearl white toyota solara se,6k white HID
solara99white
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solarasian » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:39 am

The Molly design is the legit trd. Kaminari is the same design. Just that Molly is rarer
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Shadow » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:39 am

From what I've heard, the original molly design is superior due to it's almost perfect fitment but I can't say from first hand experience.
2001 SLE
Shadow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SpeedySolara » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:48 am

solara99white wrote:What's the difference between the molly design and the kamanari? Im just new to the lip kit scene

Right off the bat, you'll have to do some slight modification to the front lips because Kaminari only makes the gen 1.5 kit, NOT the gen 1. The only difference between the gen 1 & 1.5 are the front lips, hence the reason you'll need to add several more screws to make it fit. I've said this plenty of times before but I'll repeat myself for a newbie (search next time b/c not everyone will repeat themselves)....

Molly Designs made the original lip kit for Toyota who branded and sold the lip kit as a TRD product. When the Solara had a facelift in 2002, Molly Designs redesigned the front lips to fit the gen 1.5. When the gen 2 Solara was introduced, Molly Designs stopped making the TRD lip kit. This is where Kaminari stepped in & bought the gen 1.5 mold (only) since it would've been too expensive to buy both gen molds. Not to mention, the gen 1.5 kit also fit the gen 1 front bumper with some modification so its more marketable/profitable. As for quality, like everything else...nothing is ever as good as the original. Molly Designs had neater finishes & practically exact fitment where a Kaminari kit may be slightly off (mostly front bumper issues, regardless of gen) but still good quality overall. I've noticed the TRD kit tends to be more durable/stronger despite both are made of the same material. I speak only from my personal experience with both lip kits and I've had a few TRD/Molly Designs kit & a few Kaminari kits & I've seen a trend.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Shadow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:06 am

Let me go head and ask why does the side skirts for the kaminari look so curvy compared to the original in the pictures of damon's car?
2001 SLE
Shadow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:47 pm

... Maybe because where The angle the photo was taking from... There's another image if the car floating in the forum.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Shadow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Yup. I thought that it was the angle as well, just asking to be sure. I own the original kit so don't know anything about the kaminari.
2001 SLE
Shadow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TheGreenDutch » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:58 pm

I just made one with the Frost King Garage Door Seal they sell at Lowes. $10 bucks and everyone thinks its stock. lol.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5