[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Plasti Dip
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Plasti Dip

Plasti Dip

Postby TheGreenDutch » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:40 pm

I got my winter rims set up and just had to try Plasti Dip on them. lol. 3 cans was more then enough and I went with the playing cards blocking the tire rather then having to wrap them up with newspaper and I think it came out great. Best thing is if you don't like it. Just peel it off!

Extra credit if you guess what Toyota these rims originally belonged to.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Plasti Dip

Postby mig0s » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Sucks that it's really hard to find plastidip in Canada...

For the rims I would guess LS400 or Avalon? I'm not good with this kind of stuff lol
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedySolara » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:53 am

TheGreenDutch wrote:I got my winter rims set up and just had to try Plasti Dip on them. lol. 3 cans was more then enough and I went with the playing cards blocking the tire rather then having to wrap them up with newspaper and I think it came out great. Best thing is if you don't like it. Just peel it off!

Extra credit if you guess what Toyota these rims originally belonged to.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats a pretty dark picture so its hard to see the rims but I'm going with the older Supra. They look more like they belong to the old Nissan Z so that would've been my first guess had you not said it belonged to a Toyota.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:07 am

yeah '90 Supra Turbos. I got them off craiglist for $70 bucks. They were in good shape just dirty. The plasti dip is holding up perfect too. Looks like the day I painted them.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5