[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Camber kit/ eccentric bolt questions
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Camber kit/ eccentric bolt questions

Camber kit/ eccentric bolt questions

Postby BuddhaSLE2000 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:19 am

First thing: I tried to search for this topic cause im sure someone has had this problem or question but it kept timing out.

but my solara is lowered and I am having problems with the tires being unaligned and causing balding only on one side of the front tires. A mechanic told me that camber kits would fix that. But he also told me I have to put them on both axles. Is this true?
Do these things even work?
Only my front tires wear out bad the back ones are fine. So does the rear axle really need it? Or is he lying?
BuddhaSLE2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Camber kit/ eccentric bolt questions

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:14 pm

First off, if he's referring to your car in axles, step away. If you're only getting odd tire wear from the front, then you can purchase camber bolts for just the front struts. However, camber bolts are cheap for our platform (as opposed to the arms and other measures other cars need), and you may potentially need rear ones in the future, so you may as well get a front and rear kit all at once. Shouldn't be more than ~$70 for everything
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5