[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Camber kit/ eccentric bolt questions
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Camber kit/ eccentric bolt questions

Camber kit/ eccentric bolt questions

Postby BuddhaSLE2000 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:19 am

First thing: I tried to search for this topic cause im sure someone has had this problem or question but it kept timing out.

but my solara is lowered and I am having problems with the tires being unaligned and causing balding only on one side of the front tires. A mechanic told me that camber kits would fix that. But he also told me I have to put them on both axles. Is this true?
Do these things even work?
Only my front tires wear out bad the back ones are fine. So does the rear axle really need it? Or is he lying?
BuddhaSLE2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Camber kit/ eccentric bolt questions

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:50 am

When you did the drop did you get your car aligned? Whenever you drop your car it throws off the alignment....
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BuddhaSLE2000 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:10 pm

i did not drop it the guy i bought it from did. so i dont know what he did and right now even if i do the alignment the tires wear out on the inside because of it.
BuddhaSLE2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ACProductions » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:09 am

BuddhaSLE2000 wrote:i did not drop it the guy i bought it from did. so i dont know what he did and right now even if i do the alignment the tires wear out on the inside because of it.

Camber kits are usually recommend when dropping a vehicle. Some cars are equipped with enough camber adjustment from factory to compensate but in the case of some other case, additional kits either with shims or Camber bolts are required.

Plus once a tire wears in an odd pattern, the tire will continue to wear this way even after an alignment. You might as well consider those tires to be toast.

If you are going to a shop with a Hunter Alignment Machine ask the man to give you a printout of the base alignment. If you could post that up that would help explain things. For instance if the camber exceeds factory specs by more than 2 degrees I would reckon to say something is effed up in the suspension.

In my opinion, a car with a standard 1.5 ish drop should necessitate extra kits. The stock adjustment should be enough. In addition I would try to determine what spring kit on your car.
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5