[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HIDs
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

HIDs

Re: HIDs

Postby sk8r776 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Put mine on the frame. You can see it when you drop the guards.

Used double sided tape as well.

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Nemesis85 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:53 am

Sweet really? It will be obvious I'm assuming? I haven't gotten a chance yet to go under. Installing them tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure I put them in a good spot. No worries of the tape wearing down over time???
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sk8r776 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Mine have been on for about a year now with no wear. It is very obvious. Once you drop the cover to get to the fog light you will see the frame.

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Nemesis85 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:17 am

Sweet, they're going in tomorrow hopefully! Will post pics as soon as they're installed! Thanks for your help!
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dinoxor » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 am

I placed mine behind my corner housing.
It fits nice and snug in there
Good luck with the installation!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:06 pm

3k fogs here with the yellow spray on my fogs, looks good at night. It gives it a real nice golden yellow look, and having HID's looks nice when your low like i am and the lights are beaming the floor lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhHaZIPclLA

here you can see my HID's hit the floor and how much light out put it puts down. Fast forward to 6:05 to see a fun run, and my lights lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5