[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HIDs
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

HIDs

Re: HIDs

Postby TheMack » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Hmmm, I have 8k 35w hids and I'm wondering if I buy the 55w 10k from here if ill have high beams again or will it just shut off when I hit the high beams?
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:09 pm

do you have the bi-xenon or single beam?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TheMack » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 pm

I wish I knew lol I bought them off the k sport group buy
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:26 pm

SteveSolara wrote:Hey guys, it would help me and this company a lot if you guys could check out this company http://www.vvme.com they have great products and I only buy from them when it comes to HIDe and other electronics. I would like to get this company the amount of fans and customers it deserves. They offer really good quality products and the price is the best that you will get at this amazing quality. yeah I sound like a sell out but they really are awesome, so if you guys could help that will be frickin amazing, and maybe we can work out a little coupon or sale for you.

how does us buying from vvme benefit you? and how are you about to hook it up with a sale? jw.

i'm on my second set of vvme btw. great lights.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:
SteveSolara wrote:Hey guys, it would help me and this company a lot if you guys could check out this company http://www.vvme.com they have great products and I only buy from them when it comes to HIDe and other electronics. I would like to get this company the amount of fans and customers it deserves. They offer really good quality products and the price is the best that you will get at this amazing quality. yeah I sound like a sell out but they really are awesome, so if you guys could help that will be frickin amazing, and maybe we can work out a little coupon or sale for you.

how does us buying from vvme benefit you? and how are you about to hook it up with a sale? jw.

i'm on my second set of vvme btw. great lights.

Umm before you guys buy PM me or post here and i will get you a coupon Code
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 am

TheMack wrote:Hmmm, I have 8k 35w hids and I'm wondering if I buy the 55w 10k from here if ill have high beams again or will it just shut off when I hit the high beams?

Well from the sound of it you bought a Single beam Kit, There are Bi-Xenon Kits where they have Hi&Low beam built into one bulb (Mechanical High beam, that raises the bulb level up for High beam.) Thats what I have and it works fine. The only single beam HID kit you need is for the Fog lights.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheMack » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:35 am

Oh crap, well than my friend imma pick up that bixenon 55watt 10k, wat do I need to do?
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby k-0tik » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 pm

I recently ordered some morimoto 5000k. Hopefully it's that crisp white with no hint of blue.
k-0tik
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:57 pm

k-0tik wrote:I recently ordered some morimoto 5000k. Hopefully it's that crisp white with no hint of blue.

5k should be like pure white
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby k-0tik » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:11 pm

^Yea that's what I hope they are, got bored of my 6ks been having them for the longest.
k-0tik
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:15 pm

k-0tik wrote:^Yea that's what I hope they are, got bored of my 6ks been having them for the longest.

hahha yeah blue HIDs are getting old, white is better looking too
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bobolara » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Have the morimoto 5000k and it's brighter/whiter than the DDM kit I had in before, planning on picking one up for the fogs soon too.
Bobolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Nemesis85 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:22 am

I have read a lot about these kits in the past 3 years I've had my Lara, but consistently hear comments about peoples flickering after a while. I purchased my HID kit (6000k 35w) for my lara nearly 3 years ago for $44.99 from DDM Tuning and the kit has worked flawlessly since. No change in color, no flickering, about 7-12 seconds and they are fully lit/bright. I have a few other friends that have purchased these kits for their BMW's and Toyota's and all have had their kits longer than mine and no problems either. This is the exact kit I purchased which is now $40 plus shipping.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-H ... 35W-or-55W
If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to post photo's of the kit and them in action on my car. I would highly recommend these kits from personal experience. I just snagged a 3000k 9006 set for my fogs, and can't wait to install them!
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Nemesis85 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:32 am

LOL I decided to post pics anyway. Let me know what you guys think =)
Can't wait to get the Yellow bulbs in for my fogs. With the Yellow tint on my lenses, it's gonna be super yellow =D

This pic is with normal halogens behind the yellow tint for my fogs

Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bobolara » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Morimoto 5000k headlights, and morimoto 4300k fogs.
Bobolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5